A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

As if it wasn't already excruciatingly obvious Capcom hates Megaman...

Serephim

You know, on one hand I actually DO find it pretty funny. But that laugh doesn't laugh long considering when I reflect back on it Bad Boxart Megaman has had homages with the Megaman 9 and 10 boxart, and was even slated to be included in Megaman Universe before it was cancelled.

I am conflicted, because it does make me smile a tiny bit - but at the same time its a painful reminder that this is probably the best we'll get in terms of Megaman for a long time. A sort-of cameo in a fighting game and a Megaman X skin for Zero in Marvel VS Capcom 3, instead of being a full-fledged character in the game.

:(

In my eyes, it's trolling at its maximum. Capcom obviously knows that players have been questioning how Pheonix Wright made it into Marvel vs Capcom before Megaman / X did.

So they announce Megaman for SFxT, and that happens.

I've never felt any weight on Megaman's death or even the cancellation of Legends 3. But this godtier level of trolling is just...it baffles me.

But more than anything? This has had an odd effect on my anticipation of this game. The fact that they would literally waste a character spot like this is questionable to me, especially seeing what a trainwreck of a balanced fighter Marvel vs Capcom 3 is.

Capcom is...honestly starting to kind of fade away in my eyes. I remember there used to be a time I anticipated everything from them. Now everything's all questionable n shit

First DmC, now MegaMan. That's why I'm a Sonic Fan

AAAH-HA

Megaman Legends 3 being cancelled was personally my lowest point during all of this, everything else is just kind of like "fuck off Capcom". So it bothers me, but the damage has already been done in my eyes that I just get frustrated rather than really get pissed off. Megaman Legends 3 and the whole devroom concept was great, and so when it was canned to me the biggest pissoff was that they got everybody so...involved, and in a game that lots of us have been looking forward to for a long time, only to take it away.

Capcom is a real big hit and a miss to me these days. REAL big. I'll probably pick up SFxT after the first re-release of it happens. No way am I getting it on first go.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they're sticking it to Infayune for leaving the company. Though, honestly, are they really willing to lose half of their fanbase for that?

I'm glad, at least, that Capcom is welcoming towards non-profit fanworks, so there's always hope in the fangaming community to restore the Blue Bomber's dignity.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they're sticking it to Infayune for leaving the company. Though, honestly, are they really willing to lose half of their fanbase for that?

I'm glad, at least, that Capcom is welcoming towards non-profit fanworks, so there's always hope in the fangaming community to restore the Blue Bomber's dignity.

they're far too wishy-washy to get anything decent done. the only particularly good fangame was megaman 21xx, and even it is riddled with bugs and broken stuff. (for some reason I can't even play it now cuz it crashes)

http://twitter.com/#!/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/162749333849120768

even knowing that it was totally okay with Inafune I still find it really jarring.

My guess then in this case, it was done to relate to Megaman Universe. Bad Boxart Megaman was to appear in that game after all. Seeing as it was done before Inafune had left, and more than likely before MMU was cancelled, this is probably how/why it happened. At the time Bad Boxart Megaman was a pretty funny reference (with the MM9 and 10 boxarts, MMU etc).

So I guess in a way it kind of makes a little bit of sense. Still sucks though. I'd probably enjoy it more if it didn't just happen to come at a shitty time of 'lets cancel all things megaman'.

Thats because (and I could be wrong, though I think I read this in the MMZ Art book) every Megaman game leads up to the Legends series. ZX and ZXA I think are pretty good indicators of this, since a lot of the designs are starting to get closer to the MML aesthetics among other things.

NO, GOD! …NO, GOD, PLEASE NO! NO! …NO! …NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

...on the bright side, these are "PS3/Vita-exclusive" characters, so I'm avoiding those versions automatically. But I wish I knew whether or not TrollMan and Pac-Mech are going to surface in the 360 version. Sure, Capcom's saying they're PS3/Vita-exclusive, but I'm not too sure if they really are exclusive to those two platforms. I'm going to wait post-release on this until I do know.

NO, GOD! …NO, GOD, PLEASE NO! NO! …NO! …NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

...on the bright side, these are "PS3/Vita-exclusive" characters, so I'm avoiding those versions automatically. But I wish I knew whether or not TrollMan and Pac-Mech are going to surface in the 360 version. Sure, Capcom's saying they're PS3/Vita-exclusive, but I'm not too sure if they really are exclusive to those two platforms. I'm going to wait post-release on this until I do know.

wait why would you avoid the version with MORE characters?

Uh herp derp, You gotta fight those pieces of fuck, that's why. I'd rather not, and stick to characters that are funner to fight against and don't make me cry. Also to say "Hey fuck you, I'm not going to buy this shit if your going to troll me."

:ahuh: