A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic Prequel/Prelude Adventure?

Prolly not that wording,but I bet it's something with that kind of meaning.

Also,I just want to ask you one last thing,it might be annoying to ask you this,but I take it it shouldn't be a problem to change,but if it is,just ignore this.

It's just that on the credits zone,I'm listed as "Shimbs",while I go by "Shinbs" with an "n" lol

Nothing major,but I'd appreciate if you make a little fix there,man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

alright, guess i should just say it already.

So, Maxie was gone quite a while ago and now... well, Falk is also gone.

But he is in a better place now... oh wait, no, he is still alive, but working with inportant people.

Now, i've set a deadline that i don't really call a deadline, i call it a Fail-safe.

If things remain the way they are i'll just release the game the way it is and call it final.

yes no more versions, that'll be the final one.

alright, there is no need for a wall of text here so...

-----

The Fail-Safe is set for the end of april.

--------------

so, yeah, guess that's some sort of release date.

So which Acts (currently) don't have music?

quite a lot actually.

about 2 zones are completly finished (cutscene music included)

can't really make a list, but FFZ's act 1 and 2 have new original tracks now.

being the second act different from the old one but still great.

EDIT: never mind all of that, got contact with falk again and things seem to be going at a normal pace.

he is just occupied with real like stuff.

"demn you lack of communication! aways screwing me up!"

No, Lake (and the composers mainly) aren't back to square one, most of the zones music may not be finished but from what I can tell almost each zone is only 1 act and a boss, (plus 30 second cutscenes) from being done, if they put everything into these next two months there's a chance they can do it.

Hi Lake btw, it's Aizen9 from youtube, thought I'd sign up here so I could talk about the ATS soundtrack (and fan games/hacks in general obviously) here rather than do it awkwardly on youtube, plus I've been a lurker of this forum for a while so I thought, hey why not.

I said the same thing to Falk yesterday, but if things come to the worst and some composers are too busy to get their tracks done in time, then you could ask the other composers who either have free time or are done with their tracks and don't have anything else to do, to compose the tracks for them, just things like that to get the soundtrack finished.

I don't think it would be selfish at all at this point to email the composers and ask for them to do that and knuckle down with getting the tracks done if they have the free time to do it, it's been three months since you wanted them finished I think you're in your right to be a bit more assertive about it.

oh, no, i'm still keping my "end of april fail-safe".

but i at least got in contact with falk and now i know the reason why i haven't seen he anymore and that he is still working on stuff, but at a different pace.

@Aizen90

i hope more people do the same =)

making sfghq more lively is something i really wanna see happening.

falk says he isn't working on a track, finishing it, releasing it and moving on, he is working on a lot of tracks at the same time

and yes, i sent him an e-mail about this already.

I don't think it would be selfish at all at this point to email the composers and ask for them to do that and knuckle down with getting the tracks done if they have the free time to do it, it's been three months since you wanted them finished I think you're in your right to be a bit more assertive about it.

The problem has been that, especially over the past couple of months, free time just hasn't made itself available to some of us.

Lake has been ridiculously cool and understanding about everything that's gone on behind the scenes of the soundtrack; people have been very busy over the Christmas period with work, college etc. but things are definitely coming back together.

I was run off my feet over the xmas holidays with my job and that's nothing compared to what others had on their plates.

The thing is that even between us all, the soundtrack has been a massive undertaking. There would be something in the region of 50-60 tracks overall, including cutscenes (which though short, can be extremely tricky to get right).

We're all 100% behind Lake and we all want this game to be the most bitchin' Sonic Fangame to hit the internets. Everyone is working hard to make this thing happen.

The problem has been that, especially over the past couple of months, free time just hasn't made itself available to some of us.

Lake has been ridiculously cool and understanding about everything that's gone on behind the scenes of the soundtrack; people have been very busy over the Christmas period with work, college etc. but things are definitely coming back together.

I was run off my feet over the xmas holidays with my job and that's nothing compared to what others had on their plates.

The thing is that even between us all, the soundtrack has been a massive undertaking. There would be something in the region of 50-60 tracks overall, including cutscenes (which though short, can be extremely tricky to get right).

We're all 100% behind Lake and we all want this game to be the most bitchin' Sonic Fangame to hit the internets. Everyone is working hard to make this thing happen.

I understand completely and I just want you to know that if it sounded like I implied that anyone was being lazy with the soundtrack or that loads of people had free time off or anything that's not what I was thinking or saying at all, I know you guys are busy with a load of things. And the idea I suggested in my previous post was only under the circumstances that some composers had a free opportunity when other composers (because I heard DJ Max-E was gone or something for example) are stuck, I know you guys have been working 100% to get this done.

Looking back on my post I wish I hadn't said "knuckle down", that sounds bad and not what I meant at all, infact let me explain what you quoted "it's been three months since you wanted them finished I think you're in your right to be a bit more assertive about it." All I meant by this was from talking to Lake on youtube he seemed hesitant to email because it might interrupt you guys (which is completely understandable) but as the game is overdue by three months, which is nobody's fault, and he now has a specific date he wants to release, he should feel like he can email you about new ideas to help you, whenever you have free time, and I didn't think anyone would feel like they're being interrupted because of an email, but maybe you would if there's a lot of pressure going on from loads of projects. That's what my post meant I just worded it terribly, sorry. XD

Anyway I have nothing to do with making the game so I shouldn't suggest these things, I'll go back to hyping myself for how awesome the game's gonna be.