A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This Might Not Matter, but I feel like i'm in a wreck.

Daniel

I know I'm not usually the kind to do this, but I feel like I am in an emotional wreck right now. Rael usually helps me with this over MSN, but I need at least someone to talk to who wont tell me to stop moaning or so.

I'm in an emotional wreck because I don't know what to do anymore. My father decided to screw me over in favor for my bro, I hadn't been payed for my computer fixing job in weeks (usually 40 dollars, I work with my dad), and now I just feel overall crappy for all the things I done in the past. I know what's done is done...but...god dammit.

I really...really...hate this, and I'm in a big emotional wreck because of it.

I may be freaking out over something small, but... I don't know anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGMFmMu0JCo

This made MY day, something fierce.

If you want to feel better...

I dont HAVE a job, and im not getting paid at all. I wished that by highschool i had SOMETHING along the lines of "game creation" done for portfolio done, but i do not. People tell me i draw pretty well, and my art has definitely gotten better since last year, but i feel myself to be a pretty medicore in the grand scheme of things, where i am quite limited. I need time to hone my skills (which i definitely can do quickly), which i do not have, because i didn't do too well in school this semester (im one of the "LAZY BRILLIANT" types apparently, but that gets you absolutely nowhere in life and is not a compliment) which means i probably will be taking a semester off to get money. But, like i said above, i still do not have a job yet because i suck at the hunting process and have (technically) never had a job before in my life, which is terrible resume food. I type at a blistening speed and know a good bit about computers, however i am certified in nothing and therefore cannot prove it on a resume (and so i am reduced to lying, which i have absolutely NO shame in doing anymore.)

I want to pursue a career in game design as a game designer, but aside from MMF2 (which is dangerous to develop an Indie game with these days because you cant port it anywhere) i do not know a programming language, and even if i were to create something with it i'd be limited in what i could do with it. Not to mention, if i ever tell my parents "im on the computer spriting" or "im doing backgrounds / practicing techniques for my game", im automatically "playing videogames all day". As cool as an animated sprite is, it isn't going to get you paid, and thus their concern for how i spend my time is completely justified. In order for me to get anywhere with it, i need time, which is just something im not going to get anytime soon. Not to mention most of my creative time is during the very early AM hours, which obviously is not a very "job friendly" time to be awake.

I am 20, will be 21 in October, and i dont feel like im where i should be at this point in life.

Am I an emotional wreck? Nope. Do I have it bad? Probably not, with a bit of self motivation my problems could be solved. Keep your chin up, do things that make you happy (but not simultaneously fat dead or a felon), and think your way out of it. If you're a pessimist, try being more optimistic! Fun fact about life; pessimism =/= realism. Things can get better, and they eventually will if you set your mind to it. And if they dont...hell, just keep thinking they will. It's much better than "knowing" that they wont. If you think people are screwing you over...then break that leash that binds you to needing them so much.

I dont know what you did in your past, so i really can't help you there. But i hope my oh-so salty tears can help you out!

And if not...well, i was actually serious about that video making my day lol

tl;dr = cheer up

• Like 1

How old are you?

Fourteen, around the age where the typical teen angst starts kicking in, but still, I'm glad that you guys helped me out, and so does Rael when he's usually on. Thanks.

I just felt very down about the whole situation of yesterday. I still feel terribly down on certain occasions too, especially around that other forum I go to. :/

Give it a few weeks, you'll be alright. I haven't even seen my dad in over 17 years; in a few years you'll have a lot more to worry about... which is kind of a good thing as you just learn to deal with other minor things.

• Like 1

Fourteen, around the age where the typical teen angst starts kicking in, but still, I'm glad that you guys helped me out, and so does Rael when he's usually on. Thanks.

Yeah, don't fucking worry about it. You're still pretty young. Hell, people tell me all the time that I'm young, and I'm a decade older than you.

Keep your head up and do your time.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am pretty young, I really don't bother with social networks, although I did start using Facebook again recently.

Then again, I try not to be those stupid types who go around and blame their family for everything. Somethings in the past were my fault too. Hell, I try to be as friendly as possible on the nets.

You know, I should post here more.

Who's got a crazy parent? I do.

I got a good story to tell you too.

Last night I talk to me mom I've been suffering from depression and have finally gotten over it due to robotussin (becareful its not as safe as they say.) and St. John's Wort (which FYI works well for mild depression and is safe try it if you even suspect). Anyway I got over depression and I was feeling great about myself. I call my mom to tell her that. I also called to tell her that I was concerned my brother was drinking too much alcohol. But the whole point was I was excited to talk to my family for the first time in a long time. I tried telling my mother about this she got quite and defensive. Come to find out, she let my brother have these massive house partys (or so she thought) without telling anyone. I'm all for a good house party but they were doing it in the middle of the city and cops drive by like on a day to day basis. So I got kind of up set and I was like mom you are going to go to jail or get fined you gotta not let him to that make him respect you. I'll call him and talk to him about this.

So I intended to and she got super defensive and told me it was none of my business cause I only came over once or twice a month and didn't call her all that much. What I can say I'm not a real social person and I don't like phones. Is it really that bad that I only talk to my mom 3 or 4 times a month? Anyway she told me I was an awful son for saying those things to her and calling my brother and being pissed at him.

Of course I did all that before I found out the truth. I talked to my brother's best friend who I trust pretty well and he told me it was all I lie. He said they had 8 people over under aged 1 time and they stayed in side. Still not great but I was 19 once. I don't drink at all anymore but that's besides the point.

My mother hates me now. Thoughts?

Yeah that was wrong of me I glanced over the topic and thought I saw someone say something nasty. I think my story is making me feel rather negative myself haha. I think I was taking what you said Blazefire as a bad joke, insensitive of me. Sorry I really thought you I saw someone being nasty but I guess I was wrong sorry!

DNL, you seem pretty cool and mature for your age. I want to say "everything will be fine", but the truth is that I don't know a lot about your situation and I can't make such a generalization. I can say that I grew up with a lot of parental problems (still have them, I'm 20 years old and my dad stole 600 dollars from me a while back) and I survived, though. It really sucks, just try to get by on living your own life. Remember that you may have to respect your parents, but you don't have to let them rule over you, if you know what I'm saying.

DNL, I can tell it to you rather straight, you're only 14 dude. Quite frankly? Everything in your life that's happening to you now or any time soon or even in the past isn't going to matter at all one tiny bit in about 3 or 4 years. It will be so insignificant, meaningless, unimportant, dumb and pointless that it's not even an issue and you probably won't even remember most of it. So don't worry about it bro, just wait it out and new shit will be on the horizon before you know it.

If that doesn't help you feel better, well, I have another piece of advice. When I was your age I was pretty depressed, had some social problems even. I started doing something and all that changed, I was happy, popular, had good times, met and dated a lot of girls and really ended up having the best time of my life. A lot of people who don't know what they're talking about may condemn me for this because of their moral bullshit or that they think it leads to so and so or is bad or whatever. I can tell you that in my experience that simply isn't the case, so people can hate me for advising you to do this but...

Start smoking weed bro. Seriously. Not even kidding. Smoking weed has done more good for me than I could ever begin to define. Just don't get caught. Be smart about it. Get a lock box if you ever decide to start keeping some of it and any paraphernalia in your room, lock it up, hide it, make sure it's always put away, never do dumb shit that'll get you in trouble with the cops or parents and use eye drops. It's incredibly easy, I never got caught once and have yet to to this day. You can listen to the propaganda and the people who've been brain washed by it going on and on about how bad it is, or, you can try it for yourself and see if it doesn't change your perspective a bit.

Here's a comedy bit that sums up my feelings on this issue quite nicely and ought to put a smile on your face at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs

I don't mean to be rude but you make it sound like those of us who decided not to smoke weed are uneducated and that we simply are full of moral bullshit. So all the people who are just not interested in trying it and decided "hey, I'm not gonna do that" are brainwashed people full of bullshit?

I won't try and make an argument for/against it, because I feel what you do in your spare time is your own business and the choices people make in life are perfectly acceptable as long as they aren't harming others in the process. I've got friends who smoke weed (fuck I live in British Columbia, everyone here smokes it it seems) and it doesn't bother me. I'd rather see my friends smoking that than a cigarette any day.

My apologies if that wasn't what you were insinuating with your post but it comes across like that to me.

@Spike: Thanks, and I do respect my parents. The whole money thing was something I just needed to get over and off my chest, and I felt like I took it out on the wrong forum, but I guess I didn't. Sorry for that bit of trouble. ^^

@PCO: I do not plan to smoke weed, and don't ever plan at all. I know that it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but I do not want to smoke anything at all in my life.

Bro I really feel for ya. Just remember 2 things.

1) Your parents (in most cases) are trying to do what's best for the family. I know that at times they fuck up (bad), but remember, although they may scream at you or make decisions that benefit every living being on earth except you, they are truly doing all they can, it's just a really hard job.

2) Always look at the bright side of life

Start smoking weed bro. Seriously. Not even kidding.

At first i laughed at this, and now im kind of shocked you even thought of telling a 14 year old to start smoking weed.

Weed...it's like alcohol. It's really only fun to do it with other people, and only if you have absolutely no chance of getting caught. (like 2 am in the morning in the honors dorm with 2 doors locked)

It really isn't my thing. Ive been around people who smoke 24/7. But honestly, it's dangerous because it isn't legal and obtaining it can also be quite dangerous depending on where you are. For people without self control, obtaining may turn to selling, which may lead down all sorts of stupid fucking life choices that you'd probably be better without. I know a kid who's avoided going to jail so many times off flukes that he's learned his lesson, but everyone aint as lucky as him, because i know about 4 kids who got arrested for getting caught with it.

My upbringing pretty sets my bias against it. I dont like the Image, but i really dont have an issue with it because there is technically not a damn thing wrong with doing it. It comes with none of the completely dangerous downsides that alcohol comes with and you even dont lose your personality or the ability to do most complex tasks while on the high (know a kid who writes wonderful essays while high) . But the bottom line is that it isn't legal, and because of that it's automatically dangerous.

But it is one of the funniest things on earth that can be achieved no other way. I've never stared at someone so intently while talking before. I've had whole conversations with someone where we said absolutely NOTHING and knew exactly what we were both saying to eachother. We've had a box of pizza that i never finished because it was mediocre and cold, only to eat it while high and have it taste like fucking gourmet. You'll have entire conversations with people that'll seem to go on for about 30 minutes, only to look at the clock on your computer and realize that only 4 minutes have passed. A funny meme or internet joke that you'd usually giggle at and then ignore will have you rolling for what feels like ever. We've sat in my friends living room at his house and just stared at his living room in awe as we noticed a trillion details you'd never notice if your brain wasn't moving slightly slower.

It's truely enlightening. I dont think there is POSSIBLY an easier way to make friends, true talk. Everyone is too happy and chill to not be awesome to hang out with while high.

I really hope im not advertising right now. PC0 is right to some degree, although i really wouldn't recommend you telling a random 14 year old to go find people who smoke weed...even if everyone in life seems to do it undercover.

I love this movie.

Shhhhmoke n' a pancake