A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boom: The First U.S. Community Event

From my post at Sonic Retro/Sonic Stadium:

After years of wanting a Sonic community event here in the United States, we’re finally getting one with “Sonic Boom,” special treat for those in town during the E3 Expo in Los Angeles on the night of Wednesday, June 8th. We will be hanging out, playing some Sonic Generations and celebrating Sonic’s 20th anniversary. Best of all: this event is absolutely free.

Sonic Retro and Sonic Stadium, in cooperation with SEGA of America, have 2,000 seats to fill and we need our dedicated forum members to pack the house! This event will be big, so you’re going to need to reserve a spot. SEGA is currently letting 500 people RSVP to the event, but both Retro and Stadium have a specific allotment of passes, too, ensuring that everybody has a chance to go.

How can you go as a member of Sonic Retro or Sonic Stadium? Just e-mail me at slingerland AT sonicretro DOT org or bradflick AT sonicstadium DOT org and you will get a link to sign up through us. It’s that simple!

This event will be very exciting. Not only will you be able to play Sonic Generations without having to go to E3, but many recognizable community members will be in attendance! At this time, Chimpo, Gene and myself will be there, along with Jason and Nuckles87 from Sonic Stadium, but we will have some international flair with Dreadknux, T-Bird and The Taxman in the building!

So, come on, America! We’ve got community members from all over the world coming to this party. You don’t want to miss out! Tickets have only been available for a few minutes and they are going fast.

From SOA, the details of the event:

Play Sonic Generations and Celebrate Sonic’s 20th Birthday!

Wednesday, June 8th

6:00 PM – 10:00PM

Where: Club Nokia

800 West Olmypic Blvd # 335

Los Angeles, CA

Calling all Sonic fans! Come join us at Sonic Boom, the first major US Sonic Community event, to celebrate Sonic’s 20th Birthday!

Be among the first fans to play Sonic Generations!

Special Sonic guests and performances!

Get exclusive Generations collector’s merchandise!

Come as your favorite Sonic character and you could win extra prizes!

Attendance is FREE and this party, just like Generations, is for all ages! But space is limited, so make sure to reserve your spot fast!

Stay way past cool this summer at one of the biggest Sonic events in history – find out how to reserve your ticket today, and all the latest event news, at sega.com/sonicboom!

If you want tickets, register at SEGA or drop me a line.

I'll throw my own convention up here in Canada with just me attending, and then I'll play my own makeshift Generations which will be a siezure inducing gameplay session involving me switch between Classic Sonic games and Unleashed every few seconds and then I'll die.

In other words I wish I could go, I would love to be able to try Generations out! Unfortunately I live nowhere near LA.

This why they need events like this on the Eastcoast, namely Georgia. In other words, I wish I could, but now way in hell I can. I hope you other members have fun and record some footage (if allowed to).