A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Phantasy Star Online 2

Rawr

Im happy it's getting a new platform, but i can only see this version of the game ending up just like the PS2 version of PSU. In other words, nothing but a hinderence and an eventual bastard child.

First they say "PC only" because it's the most stable and versatile platform. There's nothing they can't do on PC, unlike 360/PS3/PS2, right? Then they turn around and port it to the Vita...?

In fact, it's exactly like the PS2 version. I think they're doing it only because it greatly widens the amount of people who will end up playing it, seeing how popular PSP is in Japan. There was absolutely zero reason PSU ended up on the PS2 aside from the fact that it was currently the most popular platform available -- it was far too weak to run the game at all. But that doesn't change the fact that the Vita is undoubtedly going to encounter problems down the line regarding memory usage. Especially when their memory cards are required for usage of the firmware and a 32GB memory card runs you over $100.

I have no issue with it being on Vita, as it increases the amount of people i know who will end up with the game...but i honestly don't see it as a good idea.

...unless it being on Vita eventually lands it on my Playstation 3....which would be like, the best news ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://youtu.be/bFUEM7SDU9c

pso2-mag-photon-blast-3.jpg

Mag Blasts, Partisans, Launchers, Cards, new areas.

I think the most exciting part of this is the fact that the new techniques shown (Gifoie, Rabarta) all follow the form they were in in PSO.

Also:

IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND GET INTO THE CLOSED BETA TEST

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187376&page=168

It isn't guaranteed, but there's a chance. The last Alpha Test had far less player slots than this current one does, and most of the people i know who signed up (including me) got in. This one is aiming for like 100,000 slots i think. So your chances are pretty damn good.

The last test was an absolute blast, and it only featured 5 weapon types. (Hunters with 2 exclusives, Ranger/Force with 1) This one will feature at least 8 + Mags and probably another stage, as well as more techniques and item mechanics.

http://youtu.be/bFUEM7SDU9c

[qimg]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/pso2-mag-photon-blast-3.jpg[/qimg]

Mag Blasts, Partisans, Launchers, Cards, new areas.

I think the most exciting part of this is the fact that the new techniques shown (Gifoie, Rabarta) all follow the form they were in in PSO.

Also:

IF YOU WANT TO TRY AND GET INTO THE CLOSED BETA TEST

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187376&page=168

It isn't guaranteed, but there's a chance. The last Alpha Test had far less player slots than this current one does, and most of the people i know who signed up (including me) got in. This one is aiming for like 100,000 slots i think. So your chances are pretty damn good.

The last test was an absolute blast, and it only featured 5 weapon types. (Hunters with 2 exclusives, Ranger/Force with 1) This one will feature at least 8 + Mags and probably another stage, as well as more techniques and item mechanics.

This game is more awesome than the 1, but, the video looks funny.

Looks like the video have a baby :)

Signed up earlier today. Here's hoping for the return of SFGHQ Heroes! (Although I think I'm the only one left)

Can I be a SFGHQ Hero (whatever that is)? We can use the new super power of teamwork.

Of course! Who was it before? Me, Ila, Shadix and Blues I think. Or maybe Shadowgoten? I can't really remember who was playing with us.

Just to be sure i dug up that old PSU topic. Dunno what the fuck was wrong with us. I honestly cannot remember if I was trolling or not. It was back in 2008 though.

Did Shadix get Banned or something? I dont see him around anymore, and Blues/TuRD seem to be gone too.

Meh who cares, it'll be fun regardless. And thankfully we're all 4 years more mature. I think.

Oh i know TRD and Blues were seperate, trust me lol. Trust meeeeee. Im just lazy with the keyboard.

Yeah i really do hope you guys get in. We can have a blast on this test. Only issue is, the Alpha Test times generally resulted in the test opening around 2:00/3:00AM or so, and me staying up playing until the sun came up or i was too tired to continue. Screwed my time schedule up something fierce.

I'm gonna see if I can actually register.

Also... It's amusing how they're developing a Vita version when the Vita is pretty much bombing in Japan, if not a complete failure there. I'm not sure how much the Vita has actually sold on the other side of the pacific, though, but it can't be a lot, I imagine.

I'm gonna see if I can actually register.

Also... It's amusing how they're developing a Vita version when the Vita is pretty much bombing in Japan, if not a complete failure there. I'm not sure how much the Vita has actually sold on the other side of the pacific, though, but it can't be a lot, I imagine.

Apparently the Vita is doing great over here with the user base that has it.

I think PSO on vita will be a huge selling point for kids in japan. much less here, but it will sell some units. I want one for it if they bring it out to America.

GET HYPE BITCHES.

From the description i wrote :

In a nutshell: (updated)

-Confirmed for PC

-Confirmed for Vita (with PC crossplay and lowered graphics)

-Smartphone support (although gameplay features are limited)

-Symbol Chat returns

-A few new animations

-A few new weapons and abilities

-RPG elements apparently. Storymode missions look more engaging than PSUs did.

-The game will be free to Download + Free to Play with purchasable items.

Observations:

-RANGER : Homing Laser PA

-RANGER : Can crouch and go into Prone position? Wow, unexpected.

-FORCE : Gifoie, Gibarta, Rabarta all seem to be in PSO form. This is a good thing.

-FORCE : Grants actually does what its PSO description says it did. Awesome.

-HUNTER : ALOT of new PAS for old weapons, and the Partisan looks awesome

Beta Test coming in Late April. 100,000 players is the target. 24-hour servers. (which is AMAZING, since we had to wait days inbetween playtime on the alpha.)

Fuck that, free to play is great, as long as they don't make the items you can buy with money anything that gives you an actual gameplay advantage over people that choose not to spend a dime. Like paying for XP/money boosts and things along that nature, and cosmetic items, is totally fine by me, as long as I don't have to shell out cash to have the best items in the game.

I don't see how it would unless the game makes it harder for you to clear levels without them. PSO to me was never really anything to do PvP in so...I doubt it'd matter much in the long run concerning that.

I AM SUPER HYPE THOUGH. THIS IS GREAT NEWS.

Closed.

They're also releasing the Character Creation program for the beta test, so you can play around and get your character ready. I dont know if you need to be in the test to use it though. It'll also include a benchmark test.

Edit:

April 5th for the Character Creator and Benchmark.

• 2 weeks later...