A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Phantasy Star Online 2

Rawr

And then I proceeded to jizz absolutely everywhere

I am so stoked for this. It looks stylistically more along the PSO line, with a hint of PSU, and then the gameplay looks like a lot of fun. Granted I think this is all still alpha footage, but I like where this is going.

Sure its not the same old PSO gameplay, but as much as I love that, I do not mind having the improvements made to the combat over the years being the basis for this.

Music in the trailer too I thought was nice, as well as the gigantic moon in the BG of the level.

Cant wait :D

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to it, you bastard.

So yeah. I fucking came, and then i came again. I wont judge the character graphics or anything since this is pre-alpha technically, but damn the environments are pretty sexy looking. No Unleashed/ Hedgehog engine quality lighting or environments, but it's the artistic value that counts.

Soooooo yeah im having trouble sleeping.

Soooooo yeah im having trouble sleeping.

Me too. I am sick and now I am sick AND super excited. I have noticed this week has been amazing for me game news wise. Sonic Generations, Megaman Legends 3, and now this. I am pretty happy overall that franchises I like have been revealing a bunch of stuff.

Now if I could only get into the alpha for this :<

Edit: Found this tidbit on PSO-World:

As for the bullet points on 4gamer, which came from the text during the video:

"Oracle, a fleet traveling infinite universe"

"A new adventure waiting on an unknown number of planets"

"An invading evil surrounding the universe"

"Arks, that is the name of those who face it"

"Can they protect the universe, or will it be devoured?"

"That is up to you."

* Random fields

* "Original combos" (?)

* Third person shooter style

* Jumping

* "Hybrid Custom Action" (?)

* Seamless weather

* "Interupt events," special random mini-situations

Sounds great to me :D

Yeah that blows.

But the gayest thing about all of it is, i dont think it's seeing a console release.

But whatever. Im super eager to see sabers, twin sabers, handguns, daggers, TECHNIQUES (im a force kinda guy), Photon Blasts....yeah, this is big for a PSO fan. Been waiting a while for this.

I was always a FOmar who used a saber/handguns and only really used healing magic.

What I -am- hoping for them to implement along the way are Mags, I do miss having those around and they added an extra bit to the game.

ALTHOUGH, I might actually play a ranger this time around with the new shooting mechanics etc. Who knows, I'll probably end up testing the waters of every class I can.

And then the customization options...if it's anything like PSU...

It's more like, how awesome will foie/barta/zonde look in a game like this. I want to REALLY nuke shit.

How awesome will a Dragon boss be when you can fight on multiple planes and have the environment change while you battle?

Too much to think about. If i dont go to bed now i'll be up til 12.

I hope the character creator in this is super decked out with a lot of options.

Also I am glad that the forest boss didn't appear to be a dragon this time around. It was still a large creature and it looked pretty cool from what I could actually make out of it. Granted that all might change eventually.

• 2 months later...
HAHAHAHAHA

Thats great, I was actually going to instantly PM you to tell you, but I assumed you'd ask as soon as you saw my avatar, and wanted to see the reaction if i got one trololol

Apparently an assistant developer Email leaked. Or something. We only got new pictures of Ramarl and Racast ATM (but the alpha SHOULD be starting sometime this month, so we'll be gettin alot more)

THREAD HIJACK COMMENCE

[qimg]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=21644[/qimg]

[qimg]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=21645[/qimg]

[qimg]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1568&pictureid=21646[/qimg]

If they show gameplay footage and she is lacking her sideways gangsta OG handgun firing animation im going to cry

edit:

It wasn't a leak, the developer released it on her own

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-ramarl-racast-development-screenshots/

and

jesus christ im in love with these guys. I hope their attention to detail pays off in the alpha gameplay.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Just posting this in here from the other thread that this doesn't belong in haha.

Also I should go back to my PSO2 avatar too to be cool with you Sereph.

Yeah saw this about an hour ago, u beat me to it.

Man i NEVER felt bad for killing those fuckers. They had critical rates out the ass for some reason.

Edit:

Hey, btw, did you notice the HUnewearl holding some form of twin weapon in the second picture?

I always felt bad because well...look at them. And they just waddled at you and chirped at you and I was like "Noooooooooo I don't wanna kill you Rappy"

Also it took me a while to notice but I think so yeah. I also saw a random blade coming out of that monster and I can't pinpoint its origin. Perhaps the two are related?

They already showed Female casts (well, the Racaseal) in the first gameplay video. All the characters are identical to their concept arts. She looked pretty similar to the PSO one (like most of these do), except with a bit less "im a maid" feeling.

And the other blade coming from the guys back seems to be from another character. People are saying it's just another Humar, but that may or may not be a sword.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-enemies-development-screenshots/

Pretty decent sized update. A big reveal promised around the 25th!!

This one is about enemies. Looks like 1) those weapons the Hunewy were holding arent daggers OR sabers and 2)....eight players on the field at once? But the HUD only shows 4? Perhaps multiple teams can take missions together now??? X_X

Makes sense. That Hildebear is damn near BOSS sized....

F**K this game just does not stop getting awesomer

I am really impressed with this game so far. Its hitting all the right notes for me.

The only thing I hope they fix is some of the laggy/choppy animation. I imagine that will be ironed out though.

it looks much improved from the first video, in fact most of the animations on this game are surprisingly good IMO. Enemies are done very nicely, and the weapons dont feel like they're made of paper so much anymore like on PSU sometimes.