A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Phantasy Star Online 2

Rawr

Okay so I guess I didn't miss very much then in regards to when I got into the stream. Just that trailer thats on pso2.jp to my knowledge, and probably a lot of talking (but thats fine cause I can't speak Japanese anyway).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks much improved from the first video, in fact most of the animations on this game are surprisingly good IMO. Enemies are done very nicely, and the weapons dont feel like they're made of paper so much anymore like on PSU sometimes.

Forgot to respond to this earlier.

I do agree that the animation is MUCH improved from the first video. I'd say they are getting there, but I think there is still a little bit choppy in places that I'm sure they'll iron out. This game is definitely beginning to really shape up.

I daresay this looks like the best character creator I've seen for an RPG. Also, it might just be because I haven't played any PSO since episode 1 and 2, but the combat looks amazing.

I'm going to have to agree and say this is at least one of the best character creators for an RPG that I've seen as well. I can't wait to run around with some uhh...hilariously proportioned characters. If not I'll make a guy, colour him blue, stretch out his arms and call him ' The WereNewman'.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuN9T_IX24&feature=player_embedded

Who wants sum Alpha Test footage?

I have another video that's MUCH better in terms of combat (and some guy abuses the dash mechanic too, but meh) but you'll have to download it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZ49RCTM

The combat engine looks to be very very solid compared to PSP2.

I recommend anyone interested to download the megaupload vid. This game is going to consume my fucking life.

The dash abuse never really bothered me when I watched that when I woke up this morning. TBH I'd probably abuse it too if it means I get places faster haha. I think it looks very actioney which is great. I pretty much splooged when I woke up and then when I watched more of the videos that trickled in in class earlier. So yeah.

The combat engine looks really good, right? It looks much better than i thought it would, honestly.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkloy0_yyyyyyyyyyyyyy2-yyyyyyyyyyyyy_videogames

Another video, from Character Creation to the end of a mission. Looks like a Humarl.

Im impressed with the physics applications on the models. It makes the good animation look even better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That flip was epic.

I was highly disappointed when i saw the Fonewm without his jester animations. Actually, im a bit baffled that none of the classes hold their traditional trademark animations.

Other than that, i guess it was a pretty good trailer. I hope the city has some interesting parts to it. I wanna go through some ruined buildings and tunnels and crap lol.

Waiting for an official release of that trailer so i can pick more stuff out of it :D

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02405-pso2-delayed-until-2012-second-alpha-test-announced

The game is delayed until 2012 too improve the game and answer user problems. A second alpha test will take place early next year. The user suggestions and responses from the development team are in the link. You should take a look, they answer a lot of user suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I picked up a psp recently, Saw PS-Portable2, and I loved the classic games on the genesis, so I bought it. Seeing as the last PS game was PSIV, I figured that I might want to pop in and see how the games have changed.

So far I'm loving it, I think it captured the characters, actions and feel of the classics, while really ramping it up with the technology on the PSP. The character creation is stellar as well.

I'm imagining PSO2 to be a bigger, more accessible version of PS-portable 2, with more emphasis on multiplayer.

-right now this is looking pretty sexy.

• 2 months later...

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd.

I am.

I am fucking ready.

Edit: Also saw your other vids on PSO-World. Gotta say I am super pumped, everything feels so much more polished since the first alpha (which is to be expected really). The combat looks like loads more fun even though I was pretty happy with it before. The room feature is whatever, I never really used it anyway. The item shop improvements are ACE. I am stoked on the character creation still because it keeps getting more rad. Basically I can't wait man. This needs to be confirmed for here already :(