A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

General McDonalds Appreciation Thread

Eminence

First off a healthy "thank you" to Ray Crock. Without his entrepreneur spirit I could not fend off hunger on a daily basis. In general, I love McDonalds. It' delicious, it's cheap, and it fills me up. As a rambunctious young man, I'm always on the go! A quick sweep through the drive-thru is the best solution.

My Orders:

Big Mac Meal Large

-Fruitopia Strawberry Passion

(3 Chocolate Chip Cookies - Optional)

2 Grilled Snack Wraps

-One ranch, one barbeque.

2 McChickens

1 Fruitopia Strawberry Passion

(3 Chocolate Chip Cookies - Optional)

Express your love or complete disgust for the BEST restaurant in the world!

Eating fast food is always about being in the right mood for me. When I crave McDonald's it's usually one of these combos:

-2 Cheeseburger Meal

-Big Mac Meal

-Southern Style Chicken Meal

-Premium Crispy Chicken Club

-Chicken Selects Meal + Cheeseburger

Depends on the mood for drink as well, but it's normally always a Sweet Tea. You also gotta tell them not to put too much ice because more often than not the entire cup is filled with ice and then the put the drink in, ehhh.

Meals are almost always Large of course.

Fuck you Morgan Spurlock.

I don't eat fast food burgers unless I'm on a road trip, and even then I go for Wendy's.

As for McDonalds... it's just generally meh. I don't hate the place or anything, but I don't have any items there that particularly attract me either. Their fries are way over-rated. They might beat Burger King's, but that's not saying much.

What I do hate about McDonalds though is their current advertising motif for the Happy Meal. "Joy is a gift. This is the box it comes in." I mean, it's basically saying yes, in fact, you can buy your child's happiness, and the price is pretty low at merely slightly over-paying for some low-grade food so that you can get a cheap toy manufactured in China for something like 2 cents.

I don't particularly care for the service at McDonalds... which is natural since they aren't very selective about who works there (they really can't afford to be, so I can't really fault them for it). That said, the service is better than Checkers/Rallys/whatever it's called as you get to where all the Arbys' start to become Carl's Junior's or whatever.

That reminds me, I did visit a McDonald's establishment whilst I was in New York and the quality of the food was WAY better than the stuff over in the UK.

Crispy fries and a tasty burger! Yum yum!

If I lived in america, I would just be the fattest guy.

I used to love McDonald's when I was younger, always used to have Happy Meals. I remember when they were having a different Sonic toy each week (around the time of Sonic 3?), we had three out of the four toys, Sonic, Knuckles and Tails, but the fourth week we got Happy Meals and it was Sonic again instead of Robotnik, which was so disappointing. Seems silly now, but things like that matter when you're a kid.

Now though, I'm almost 29, and I realise the quality of our UK McDonald's food isn't all that, and it's a rip off, a bit like everything else, I suppose. Seems like I'd have to completely buy out one of their restaurants to get my fill these days. But I do still like their chocolate milkshakes, and sometimes a McFlurry ice cream, depending on which types they're serving at the time. I don't understand why they keep doing Cornetto McFlurries as Cornetto is already an ice cream, so it doesn't need to be combined with... an ice cream, just pointless advertising.

I'm a fan of Smith & Western, it's my favourite place to eat, it's stupidly expensive, but I get my fill at the American western-styled restaurant. Love to have a full rack of ribs with "fries" as they call them and a chocolate milkshake. Then I follow that with the massive Belly Buster "dessert" with loads of ice cream (I ask for extra ice cream as I don't like whipped cream), M&Ms, brownies, and warm chocolate sauce, which I eat by myself, even though it's meant to be shared, it's HEAVEN! Sometimes even the staff that work there are surprised I can eat so much, then there's the horrified look on the face of whoever I'm with at the time.

Also like to go to Pizza Hut for their weekday "lunchtime" (I call it dinner time) buffets where I can have as much pizza as I want for a certain price, which ends up being an absolute bargain with my appetite, I'm surprised I haven't been banned from there yet. I'm legendary at the disabled day centre I used to go to for one occasion when I went to Pizza Hut with a group from there. I ate twenty six slices of pizza, the rest of the group had had enough and wanted to go shopping, so I snuck another six slices in my bag. Seemed rather unfair really, I ALWAYS had to wait for everyone else to finish eating after finishing my food, but on that occasion, it was their turn to wait for me for once and they couldn't manage it, just that once, pathetic.

I need to move to America or something, my appetite's clearly too big for this country, it's certainly too big for our UK McDonald's. Poor clown, he must be starving.

EXTRA BIT

Oh dear, what timing! After posting in this topic last night, guess what I had for dinner (lunch to everyone else) today?

Large fries, nine chicken McNuggets, Wispa McFlurry (yes, Wispa, not wisp, wisps aren't as chocolatey), large chocolate milkshake and McStarvation.

Also like to go to Pizza Hut for their weekday "lunchtime" (I call it dinner time) buffets where I can have as much pizza as I want for a certain price, which ends up being an absolute bargain with my appetite, I'm surprised I haven't been banned from there yet.

YES! They don't have many of them here in NYC (Pizza Hut's with Lunch Buffet's) but theres one in my neighborhood and it fucking rocks.

I try (with much success thanks to the small environment that is the town I live in) to avoid McDonald's as much as possible. We have lunch there at most once a month and at least once every 3-4 months. The fries are the best imo. I can't say the same about their burgers, although I will add that I do love their bacon & cheese angus burger. Namely because of the bacon. :P

I don't really care for McDonalds except maybe their McChicken Sandwiches and even now they're overshadowed by new rebranding like that Chicken SuperHyperAlphaTurboDeluxeLegend II: The new challengers.

Although providing I'm in the correct mindset I'll probably consume any meal that has the word "Large" in it.

I'll just sit here quietly while someone tries and takes that sentence out of context.

McDonald's isn't that bad of a place. At least not as bad as many make it out to be. Their fries are pretty good, and I do like their Double Quarter Pounder and Angus Burgers (the swiss & mushroom and the bacon & cheese are both pretty delish).

I suppose I like their chicken too even though it seems they stole it all from Chik-fil-a. No really, their chicken and CFA's chicken taste exactly the same.