A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Time Twisted - New Video Trailer

OverbounD

Holy shit, awesome. I see you used javascript for that, nice.

From this starting point, I guess an horizontal site is the way to go. Check out grasshopper's site for ideas, it's horizontal as well. http://www.grasshopper.co.jp/en/index.html

Also, music link up there gives me an error. Can't listen :<

That's because Overbound is silly and added an extra www. to the beginning of the url. The correct address is http://twoages.hinchy.us/.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great comments everyone. Hinchy updated the soundtrack site with at least one more song. Tweaker created a new boss piece from a concept Hinchy made.

DW has also formally joined the team. He's going to be doing some programming, and unless I'm mistaken possibly some levels and concepts too.

For those interested in how I'm doing, I've got about 13 level tile sheets far along or complete. 5 act layouts close to finished both future and past for each act.

DerZocker also has a second set of 16bit looooking 8bit Sonic based level tiles he's working on that will either end up being extra levels or possibly another fan game.

Hey, Overbound.

Let me throw a thought about those extra tiles at you guys right quick.

If you guys decide to throw them into Time Twisted instead of making a whole separate game then make them into bonus stages.

If that's not feasible then maybe get inspiration from each one to make special stages.

Sort of like giving each special stage a theme like what Sonic CD did.

That is of course you guys already have plans for special stages.

But hey, whatever you guys decide is all good with me.

Like I said, just a quick thought.

I can't wait to see more in game and/or mock shots of Time Twisted.

I'm very inspired by your level designs, bro.

OK, I'm done.

That hurts. :(

I had my motives back in the day...*sigh*

... But yeah, it's crappy.

How about Sonic Zip or Sonic Rar or Sonic 7z? XD

Hey, Overbound.

Let me throw a thought about those extra tiles at you guys right quick.

If you guys decide to throw them into Time Twisted instead of making a whole separate game then make them into bonus stages.

If that's not feasible then maybe get inspiration from each one to make special stages.

Sort of like giving each special stage a theme like what Sonic CD did.

That is of course you guys already have plans for special stages.

But hey, whatever you guys decide is all good with me.

Like I said, just a quick thought.

I can't wait to see more in game and/or mock shots of Time Twisted.

I'm very inspired by your level designs, bro.

OK, I'm done.

Thanks hopefully my level design skills have improved since 2009 and 2010 demos. I suppose if nothing else Mercury's engine is so much easier to make detailed levels in that the levels almost have to be better.

The additional levels will be bonus levels probably. I thought it would be neat to have stages unlock by finding every Special Stage Ring in the game. Of course getting all the time stones and emeralds could unlock some too.

Mercury also wants me to remix some stages from the Genesis games but I have yet to start on that.

Overbound, if you ever get this game done, I will love you so much. I'd be glad to reward you if possible

As I live and breath the game will be finished. Mercury has said something similar to me. Plus I think having DW working on the game will speed things up considerably too. He's a professional programmer and understands Sonic gameplay better than most. He's one smartest people I know.

DW has also formally joined the team. He's going to be doing some programming, and unless I'm mistaken possibly some levels and concepts too.

youlike.gif

Couldn't have picked a better teammate. ^_^ Also, great to hear how much progress has been made! The new boss music is totally awesome. *w* Reminds me of Mega Man.

Actually, Overbound- reading about all the secret level stuff, maybe the Red Rings from Sonic Colours/Generations that have also been embraced by Worlds could be good for this purpouse. They may not be the most classic of things - but they work, and so far SEGA haven't used them badly.

Also, the boss music is badass!

The Red Rings may not be classic Sonic per se but it's a venerable platformer trope. Dragon Coins from Super Mario World, anyone?

also for what it's worth I second that as an idea. Since time travel is a thing, maybe instead of 5 rings per act, it's 2/3 rings per timezone per act? I dunno, just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. but I like that concept a lot.

I don't think so on the red rings, as I do not want to clutter stages with objects that aren't specific to the main game. Besides there are plenty of ways to do unlockables without creating any new items.

*Collect all the Time Stones

*Collect all the Chaos Emeralds

*Hit every Time Stone Big Ring

*Hit every Chaos Emerald Big Ring

*Hit every Sonic CD robotisizers.

*Time Attack

And no need to borrow from that iffy Colors game.

• 2 weeks later...