A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Eggman Hates Furries

oddwarg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wanted to come here and comment on this to. My cousin brought over his new laptop a few weeks ago, so I took advantage and played games I couldn't play on my PC. Finally being able to play this, I loved right from the intro, and it caught me by surprise that I had to control that bike sonic was, making the intro better then it already was. The rest of the game from then on was nothing short of amazing, there's nothing else I can say, from the intro till the final battle with eggman.

Now, fans are quick to praise people like the guy who did the 3D mushroom hill video or the guys behind sonic fan remix. You, oddwarg, and qwerty919 for sonic nebulous, deserve that praise that that those guys get. You didn't just make some 3D video or some remake that just focuses on being like the classics(and I hope the final version proves me wrong), you two guys made unique sonic games that actually tried to be different from the rest, and did a great job doing it. As good as the other fan games I've seen around here are, I don't think we're going to see any fan made 2D sonic game top Eggman hates furries or sonic nebulous for a very long time.

X)

That all sounds rather dismissive to me. I'm not going to sit here and pretend these games aren't very meritable since they most definitely are, but you certainly shouldn't underestimate those of us who prefer to work on 'regular' Sonic games. Some of us can create stuff that is every bit as creative and epic in scope as this, and simply prefer to do so without channeling most of our work into creating some creepy atmosphere. Personally it's an anathema to me when I see people acting as though anything with some surreal sense of darkness to it is automatically better somehow than its less strange peers... like how people praise uninteresting platformers like Eversion that are completely lacking in clever gameplay simply because they have some kind of H.P. Lovecraft reference influencing the theme.

Underestimate? Didn't I say I thought the other games around here are good to? All I was saying is that for me, Nebulous and Eggman hates furies has more appeal due to their own styles that you don't see in too many other sonic fan games, Nebulous with it's art style and roster of characters, and EHF with it's intense boss battles and gameplay unlike almost any sonic game. It appeals more to me that they were different. If you want to make a regular sonic game(mainly based and don't stray far away from the original genesis games), then do so, and I'll play and end up liking it to, just like Axiom, Sonic classic, Fusion, and the old Neo sonic Godspeed. It's just that these two stand out for me, and I find them a lot more fun. Admittedly, I may have went a little overboard and I didn't mean to insult anybody here, and I have realized the creativity from the number of games I've seen here, but it has nothing to do with it being dark(but I do like it), hell, I remember a sonic fan game some time ago that had sonic using his moves from battle in actual 2D gameplay. Don't know what happened to it though.

X)

And all I'm saying is that this is an issue of personality, which EHF has in spades over basically everything else you mentioned. But this isn't something that is inherently a property of it not being a classic-styled Sonic game. Personality is something that can and does saturate every facet of a game regardless of mechanical and thematic differences (or lack thereof) present at the surface.