A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Continuum Shift. Who's getting it?

Serephim

When I get student loan money, and then I am getting Xbox Live, SSIV, and microsoft points. I want Makoto damnit.

But I'm still a Tao player through and through. Anyway... I dunno when it is I can get this game ._.;;

Eventually. I've gotten fairly decent with Rachel in the original, though I hear she got hella nerfed.

Well seeing as Rachel was absolutely broken in CT, a hellafied nerf was imminent. But yeah, i think they went too far overboard with it. People are starting to say she's just flat-out useless now. I dont play her though, so im not sure what all they changed.

People claimed that the complete overhaul of Noel made her suck as well. (shes almost a completely different character.) After some decent players figured her out, though, they found she just has to play alot differently to be effective (Her combos are ALOT more flashy now, thats all.)

If anyone wants to play me on CT on PSN, my ID is Rem1us. But the way things are now, i've likely already lost to you/played you already. Population seems to have taken a small hit since CS was released.

Personally, i believe her playstyle was simply altered. Lets be realistic now -- Rachel going into CS the way she was in CT without some kind of serious moveset/damage nerfs would have still been broken. Compared to her original form, yeah you might as well call her "useless", but that isnt the case. I think we're just going to have to wait until people get efficient with her.

Her playstyle focus has changed. She no longer has those shitty 3-second Hitstun counters off normals or that blasted pumpkin, and George can no longer just keep your ass in a corner doing tons of damage while rachel + pumpkin inevitably hits you while you're caught in blockstun. I.E, no more 100%--> dead combos from Rachel. She was fucking unfair.

Not to say i think the extent of her damage nerf was justified, but she is still a usable character.

edit:

Great example of what happened to her. If her damage was anywhere near what it was before, this match would have ended a looonngg time ago. I think this is one of the best Hazama players around right now.

I can understand her being brought down from totally broken... but from what I'm hearing now she's a stone's throw above Tager. And don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Tager, in fact, I love Tager. He's my favorite character in terms of awesome. But... he is kinda slow. You know, he needs to be able to cover the screen in 10 frames or so.

By the way, I ordered it. It should be here Wednesday. My PSN ID is DimensionWizard

But... he is kinda slow. You know, he needs to be able to cover the screen in 10 frames or so.

lolkokonoe

Yeah, looking more into it....her nerf is pretty formidable. People can still win with her, but its no easy task anymore. She got the hammer pretty bad.

Im just going to go about ordering it...however, i went upstairs to draw on my computer and unfortunally found it the little fucker wouldn't wakeup from hibernation, and now it wont even attempt to boot anymore. Im sure its another soldering issue on this shitty model, and i have to take my computer to Best Buy.

Knowing them, they'll say "we gotta send it out, dont worry your warranty covers it but we gotta charge u $100 to back up ur HDD loololllolo", and it's going to piss me off. Very bad. I might need to save the money for that.

It depends, really. Some Astrals are really useless, while others are quite usable in real matches. Hakumen's counter Astral could counter anything other than projectiles (yes, it could even counter grabs and command grabs), but you had to pull a 720+D which was a big fuck you for a character that's full of slow basic moves.

They made a few changes to Astrals in CS: all characters have them (no need to unlock), you can do it in your winning round (ie, round 2 of possible 3 if you'll win the match); you need to have one barrier burst at least to do it and your character portrait glows, so you know when it's doable. Plus, Hakumen's input is changed to "Hold down -> press up + D", which means no cross-ups and you can

it much easier. Oh and it counters Tager's fucking grabs.

Does anyone ever actually use astrals? The only times I've bothered with them have been in training mode.

Only if they have a doable command, really. If I ever find im in a tight spot at the last round of the match and i have 100% heat, i'll definately think about it.

Most of the time, its just that astrals are really easy to notice, but people rarely ever see them coming. I really only use Ragna or Jin's, since they have easy inputs. That, and people tend to freak out and they're usually pretty safe. CS changed the commands so that they're actually doable (Hakumen's was always easy for me, you can buffer it just like a GETB or any of Tagers moves. But 28->D is going to cause ALOT of hakumen matches to end in astrals.)

Doable astrals in CS is one of my favorite changes, actually. I also enjoy the Guard Primer system a whole lot more than the Libra as well. At first i didn't care for bursting not putting you in danger status, but it balances it out for me with the addition of Gold Burst which gives you even more combo options. (I also recently found out that defensive bursts halve your Guard Primers for the rest of the round. Thats really enough of a penalty for me.)

Until i can get the actual game, i've been doing sparring mode on the arcade version. Im having alot of fun with noel, actually, moreso than any of the newer ones since her playstyle has a completely new feeling to it.

Noel is just completely screwed -- almost all her attacks are projectile based. Hakumen's will be able to spam C all day and screw you over.

Now, now, now, let's not forget that Noel's playstyle has a completely different feel to it!

But seriously, it's not like Hakumen had it hard VS Noel in CT (At least the run-ins I had weren't all that bad). This is a slight advantage that lasts 3 seconds (unless you continue spamming projectiles at it, in which case the timer resets every time).

Now, Rachel, she's gonna feel dat void.

Technically it isnt much of an issue. Just looks potentially annoying. Not like any SMART noel would try to challenge hakumen's range with a drive move at that distance anyway.

And rachel is going to feel everything. The computer isn't even dangerous with her anymore. Unless your pressure game is top-notch Rachel is just kind of....pathetic now. She's still okay at keepaway, but she was the best rushdown in the game. Lobelia zoning just....doesn't seem practical. especially now that they disappear after getting hit. I mean her nerfing is reaaalllly bad, i know what they were going for but they just fell very, very short.

Fighting game lingo everywhere. I have next to no clue what most of these posts mean, but if I come into ownership of a ps3 in the near future, this game will accompany it.

Just so you know, there's an Xbox360 version as well (although I personally think it's torture to play non-Street Fighter fighting games on that thing).