A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Retro-Sonic: Let's Get it On

Guest Shadix

You are taking a gamble for a coaster simply by using something that doesn't usually work with DC games. (at least I've never had any luck. The cds never selfboot with Express)

Guest Shadix

Alright, well, instead of arguing about it how bout you try and see if it works? I was merely stating that you might be taking a chance just by refusing to use one of the burning tools known to work.

(I honestly don't see why getting Burning Rom or Alcohol 120% is too much for you...)

I've just tried the new version using regular Nero and it worked! The old one didn't, using the same method, so if some of you haven't been having much luck so far and wasted many discs already.. try one more. =)

Great job Taxman, you can really see the difference in the engine between this and the original 2002 demo. Feels a little bit different to the regular Sonic engine at first, but you get used to it, and I think I'd be quite happy if you didn't make any changes to it at all, really. There are a couple of small bugs though, like when Tails' sprite is at a certain, strange angle and you take flight, his flying sprite will still be at that odd angle, rather than straight.

Really looking forward to the full demo. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarkSS

I'm going to have to get on my dad's comp to burn the file. Thing is, I'm not sure if it has Nero or not. If it doesn't, would burning it using Windows Media Player do the same?

lol, no.

=| I guess I could obviously download it, but I just wanted to avoid any unnecessary hassles.