A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Retro-Sonic: Let's Get it On

Guest Shadix
it failed again.

Cd type: Swisstec (worked for the emulators)

no errors in the log. Burning program: Nero Express (came with the computer)

It doesn't work in Express. You are going to have to use Burning Rom to burn it, unless somebody can find a workaround.

Dami: Really now? I could've sworn I remember having a conversation with him about it (maybe it wasen't Tax :E) and him stating that CE is extremely slow.

I guess it'd be best to wait and hear it from the man himself

Guest Shadix
I burned image.nrg to a CD, but my dreamcast won't play it. Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

I kinda don't want to iterate myself, but what are you burning it with?

Nero Express doesn't work and Alcohol 120% doesn't work with this .nrg as far as I've been able to figure out. The only way I was able to get it to work was with Nero Burning Rom. (Just get the trial off nero's site, works fine.)

Azu: I don't know, it could just be that Alcohol or whatever doesn't read the tracks right. I don't really want to waste any more CDs troubleshooting with this (especially since I already got it to work).

I burned my disc in the CD:E drive. And it worked on my dreamcast perfectly.

What Burner program? Nero Burning Rom?

also Is there a way to install the trial without having to uninsall all nero products?

I think I got closer. My latest attempt wound up matching that of the Dreamcast emulator result posted earlier.

What Burner program? Nero Burning Rom?

Every windows XP has it's own CD burning program all you have to is move the game will to the E drive and insert the CD-R and on the left it should say burn file(s) something like that and it will start the burn process. I don't use Neo Burning Rom.

Every windows XP has it's own CD burning program all you have to is move the game will to the E drive and insert the CD-R and on the left it should say burn file(s) something like that and it will start the burn process. I don't use Neo Burning Rom.

And that's how you got your copy to work on the dreamcast? If so I'm trying that route next.

Ok, i've managed to create a new Nero Image file which can be mounted in Daemon tools (the old one couldn't) so I have a feeling this image file will work for everyone with Nero

when you say Nero, do you mean Nero burning rom only or almost any Nero including Express?

Yeah it worked for me. I guess because my computer has good burning quality/speed but I'm sure that has nothing to do with anything. But you should try it.

I tried it and it got the same result as my last attempt.

Guest Shadix

That is not true, and not all burning programs are capable of burning Dreamcast ISOs correctly.