A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Backwards Thread

About The Backwards Thread

Ooooookay, not sure if this is going to work, but let's see how clever we ain't with this little experiment, shall we?

Below this spoiler text is the LAST post of this thread. The idea of The Backwards Thread is, obviously, to have a discussion in reverse. There's no set topic, we have to make it up as we go along. Let's keep the text the right way round, just to make it easier, this could get confusing enough anyway. And yes, I am aware the forum has an option to display replies in reverse order.

Reply to posts that haven't been posted yet. You could post the ANSWER to a question, which someone posting AFTER you will ASK. You could "quote" someone else who's participating in The Backwards Thread, who then should include the text you "quoted" in their next post.

How long can we keep it up without cocking it all up? What started the discussion? Can we avoid having one person who ends the thread by posting the original post straight away? Did we stay on topic or was it a classic SFGHQ free-for-all?

Let's go!

------------------------------------------

If I remember correctly, there's four of them left now, but I could be wrong. They were brilliant!

I reckon this thread's about to get locked, this thread has well and truly run it's course, and there's only one thing to do at a time like this...

*Runs around the SFGHQ naked*

• Like 1

Ok, I've been nagging my friend to give me his console to play this and I'm twenty hours in now and just got to Magenta Village. I've had pretty much the same party so far (the ones from the older games), but fuck, Shia has chainsaws... CHAINSAWS! So much for my exam tomorrow...

That fucker is the cheapest shit ever.

You didn't get the lightning rod, did you...?

I'm about thirteen hundred hours into this game and I have to say it is probably the worst thing I have ever played in my life. When you go to the space level as Astro The Squirlanaut the level is the most retarded thing ever

Dude shut the fuck up, first off Astro is a bitchin character and has a lot of new abilities to bring to this game series that makes everything worth it. Not to mention he is the best new thing to happen to this thing in years dude, and the level is the most innovative level I have ever played. A Space Sewer Racetrack with 20 different pathways and fifteen different playstyles is so great.

Not to mention you can't even use Shia in that level like what is up with that? I spent so many hours having him in my party and then they take him away and make me fight Indiana Bones... That fucker is the cheapest shit ever.

I won't even touch this, you know nothing about this game and I hate you so much right now. I'll let someone else get to this if they want. Dickhead.

Not to mention you can't even use Shia in that

level like what is up with that? I spent so many

hours having him in my party and then they

take him away and make me fight Indiana

Bones... That fucker is the cheapest shit ever.

Actually in the options menu, under cheats, if you enter: "iWantShai" it will let you play the level as Shai.

I don't see what the big deal is though. Shai's chainsaws aren't very affective against Indiana's Boneshield.

You probably just haven't gotten very far. Once you get to the fifty-six thousand hour mark, it gets pretty deep actually. There are a few noticeable humps in the level design towards the middle, but it eventually smooths out when they stop spontaneously switching your party up on you.

I keep on trying to enjoy this, but at this point i'm about thirteen hundred hours into this game and I have to say it is probably the worst thing I have ever played in my life. When you go to the space level as Astro The Squirlanaut the level is the most retarded thing ever. Not to mention you can't even use Shia in that level like what is up with that? I spent so many hours having him in my party and then they take him away and make me fight Indiana Bones... That fucker is the cheapest shit ever. Ultimamehamehadoken does 90% of your health, and he immediately gets another 25 attacks afterwards since his speed stat is CAPPED at fucking 225 billion.

As long as you know the elements of the enemies beforehand though, they shouldn't be too hard to take down. Shia, Smack Furryon and Manta Rei are versatile, and I find they're good to keep at a good level throughout the game. Just make sure you're prepared if you have to use Astro though; he gets good equipment down the line but towards the beginning he's severely lacking in the magic department. All of his Techniques are low to mid tier at best.

And so much for him being Water elemental because Astro the Wackanaut has no decent fucking lightning attacks. AT ALL. Nebula-Frictionstorm Discharge is like a static shock compared to Shia's DC-DHJBIDDCS. (I mean DC-Dualhorn Judgement Buffalidignation Dual Discharge Chainsaw Strike does like 90 million per hit, and it can hit up to fifty-four thousand times. Astro is just garbage.) Not to mention by the time NFSD charges his bitch wife would have used Utter Dominance Downwards Eternal Repent already. (Not to mention, on top of almost 25% of your life UDDER gives you like every bad status effect in the game, including AIDS. And by that time you're just completely fucked.)

I actually whole-heartedly agree, Sereph. Astro is a pretty horrible character. You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Yeah, i know.

• Like 1

Haha, too true. I can relate to this game sort of too because I remember when my island was attacked by rampaging boats only to be saved by a super sailboat, so when playing that segment of the game it brought tears to my eyes. Sailboats are indeed the best and I do agree with you, they save lives you know!

Why are you guys crying so much? Are we a bunch of men here? Or just boys?

Dude, you need to go out and buy this game. There's some pretty heart wrenching scenes, like

when you have to choose between killing your mother or your father

and

the cutscene if you get the bad outcome on the Pirate level. The good ending has you beating the Pirates back to their home island. Otherwise, they end up destroying a very idyllic town where they the children play in the streets and happy families are born, live, and die together. The cinematic is almost too realistic for comfort.

Which just goes to show, if you don't do the optional sidequest where you beef up your seashore defenses, you better damn well get some good practice in with the sailing combat. Preferably with the armored sailboat, it kicks ass.

god astro is like the shit shit shit of characters ever, that section where you have to use only him against the other 20 characters is just a pain in the ass. I don't even know why I go on with this crap.

I actually whole-heartedly agree, Sereph. Astro is a pretty horrible character. You hit the nail on the head with that one.

I really don't know why anyone is crying either Cyber. The game's plot is pretty light on the heart if you ask me. Although admittedly there are some areas where I can relate to Congo the Starfish's story.

I finally finished it... oh gawd the ending... I didn't think games these days could bring me to tears.

Dammit Shia...

Why are you guys crying so much? Are we a bunch of men here? Or just boys? You'd think Aeris died again in this game...

Now you see, the glitch/easter egg IS real! Maybe have some more faith in me from now on, it's not THAT often I'm serious, but it does happen occasionally. And to think, bloody annoying QTE sections are good for something after all, if it weren't for the ones boring me to death in that level, we probably would have never known the enemies in this game have their own X Factor/American Idol auditions, LOL.

For a bit that whole minigame seemed like a cheap Amplitude rip off... but Jamie, you posting the video about that glitch earlier made me as giddy as when people figured out how to get Mew without a Gameshark. But do you think it was really a glitch?

Hey guys, I had to chime in here because I can't believe Sega put this game out. It's amazing the AAA quality that's been put into this. The mini-games are pretty stand out as well.

Totally, Sometimes i'm enjoying the mini-games more than the actual game- who knew SEGA still had it in them?

(Also, Weba :0)

Right, I've actually managed to make it happen again, and even more amazingly, I've managed to YouTube-ify the whole thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?outforsimoncowell

It really is like they're all having an audition with Simon Cowell, where you control their performance... sort of! Believe me now?

Hey, I'm not kidding! I even found a video on Youtube detailing how to activate the glitch.

Here's the link.

[EDIT]Oops, I guess it got taken down, but here's a new version. Hopefully it will stay up this time!

Eh, I still call bullshit. It'd be better if he could use live video, but I guess using screen caps lets him evade detection by SEGA.

I still like to know how to do this on the Wii, though, as the QTE are much different (and a lot more unintentionally sexual for some reason).

Hey, I'm not kidding! I even found a video on Youtube detailing how to activate the glitch.

Here's the link.

[EDIT]Oops, I guess it got taken down, but here's a new version. Hopefully it will stay up this time!

I finally finished it... oh gawd the ending... I didn't think games these days could bring me to tears.

Dammit Shia...

GOTY.

Also Jamie I think you're just pulling our legs about that glitch of yours =/. Find a vid or it didn't happen.

I've started playing through the game again since finishing it yesterday. I'm actually amazed the ending to this game had me in tears, that's... well, it's impossible, and yet, there I was, crying my eyes out.

But still, getting back to the cliff level, which is (or was until now) easily my most hated level in the game, I got sooooo fed up with doing all those QTE's again that I started mucking about a bit and managed to glitch the game! I had a load of enemies in front of Shia, and the game's voice samples and enemy animations must have messed up. The enemies sounded like they were singing (or trying to) and their movements made them look like they were all doing a funny little jig. The "singing" and "dancing" changed a little depending which buttons I pressed. The most hilarious thing was, while this was all going on, I kept hearing random negative voice samples from Shia, "terrible", "no chance", "what the hell was that?", "NO, NOT AGAIN!", "do you even know what you're doing?", spooky, it was just like an interactive singing audition with Simon Cowell!

Shame it's a bit tricky to get the glitch to work, not totally sure how I managed it, but at least I got SOME joy out of that level!