A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

The fact that they already have at least eight alien power sources regularly transforming Sonic throughout the game kind of makes hunting for the Chaos Emeralds on top of that pretty redundant. Plus having the Emeralds be a recurring plot element again would take the edge off the Wisps - this is their chance to shine, as opposed to being a side element thrown into another Sonic game.

Meh, the more the merrier I say.

So anyway, I aquired the DS version recently from a european dump and am quite happy with it. The game is very fun, fast paced and generally it's an extra refined, superior version of Sonic Rush, which is by no means a bad thing at all. I haven't tried the Wii version, but this is probably the most fun I've had with a Sonic game since SA.

There was some anti-piracy that prevented saving but I managed to get ahold of a hacked version that took care of that. Oh and I read this one book too. In this book, someone PMed this guy, who was posting on this one internet forum about Sonic colors, about getting a patch for a rom of Sonic Colors and wanting a link to it and the guy totally gave it to him. In the book. I wonder if that'd ever happen in real life? Y'know, cause it's an interesting "What If" and all that. I could totally see that happening in real life. Being from a book. Especially since they have to get the rom themselves and the patch is an entirely independent third party thingamajig. <.<

This game is so cash

It's basically Unleashed with the speed toned down for better pacing and less memorization; then more platforming, powerups and exploration to find hidden items and alternate routes. The game's art style and environments scream classic Sonic, and the fanservice in this game is probably more extreme than Mario Galaxy's (badniks, Robotnik final boss, Super Sonic unlockable, S1 stages in the Simulator). Sonic and Tails are all buddy-buddy in this game, Cubot is amazing, Robotnik is menacing but bombastically smug, and the dialogue is ace. The soundtrack is AAA level, and the amount of replayability is almost an overload.

Is this really that big a hang up for you? Because you kinda sound like a colossal baby right now.

That's just because, when I was a baby (about 5 years old), I turned Sonic into Super Sonic in its games by collecting the Chaos Emeralds.

and after all, the Emeralds should've been a prize for finishing some kind of level (not special stages) in Colors. Turning into Super Sonic after finishing a multiplayer game is... idiot. What if I don't have anyone to play with me?

*drinks milk from the bottle*

You neglect the fact that the emeralds are actually a prize for finishing some kind of level and you can play the simulator solo. In fact, when you were a baby (about 5 because babies can be 5) you turned into Super Sonic in the SPECIAL STAGES where as in colours you actually get actual levels to play through instead!

So your point is kind of dead.

That simulator was supposed to represent a kind of challenge. But SEGA was too lazy to make special stages for Sonic Colors IMO.

And when I say challenge, I'm taking as base:

Sonic 1: Rotating screen. Not a common Sonic platforming.

Sonic 2, 3, 3&K: They are transported to a "3D" dimension.

And then, Sonic Colors: You play more levels with almost the same gameplay with a Sonic's robo--

WAIT WHAT. Eggman made a Sonic AI? Why didn't he use it to re-create Mecha Sonic?

And where's the challenge on playing new levels if the game already has dozens of them? That'd be boring.

...Aaand that's why I always thought that Werehog wasn't that bad actually. My sister always says that "there's no point in playing a game you only have to run, run and run. I like that werewolf thing."

They tried to makeup that in Colors adding the Wisps. Not saying that this is bad or whatever. It sounds interesting.

But you guys have to agree with me that adding Super Sonic in the later games were a desperate strategy. People's been complaining about a one-level Super Sonic since Sonic Adventure. Maybe that's not frustrating; that SS really looks cool. Butit has nothing related to your true objetive ingame.

The Sonic Simulator is in the DS version?

Yes. Sonic Simulator is in the DS version and is necessary to get the 7th and final chaos emerald. However I've recently come to the conclusion that the DS does NOT have playable Super Sonic in normal levels. Instead, it gets an exclusive Nega Mother Wisp boss that you fight as Super Sonic. How depressing =/

Everything else is pretty awesome in the DS version though. Sonic feels VERY powerful with his ride array of potent, powerful abilities, everything from the Super Sonic Slide (nothing like previous versions of sliding, this version can slide as far as you want it too as long as you don't hit an obstacle, even a loop, goes very fast and does huge damage. Great for dodging boss attacks Mega Man style) to the Ground Smash. Combined with the boosting mechanism (works in the air to great effect, unlike in Rush), Sonic has an armory of awesome abilities that really give him a bad ass feel in the DS version. No idea how it compares to the Wii, but the DS version is pretty good, though a bit short. The exclusive wisps are neat, but not that big of a deal IMO.

But SEGA was too lazy to make special stages for Sonic Colors IMO.

The DS version has special stages =P

Dunno about the Wii, but the DS ones resemble a cross between Sonic 2's special stages and Sonic 3's.

That simulator was supposed to represent a kind of challenge. But SEGA was too lazy to make special stages for Sonic Colors IMO.

And when I say challenge, I'm taking as base:

Sonic 1: Rotating screen. Not a common Sonic platforming.

Sonic 2, 3, 3&K: They are transported to a "3D" dimension.

And then, Sonic Colors: You play more levels with almost the same gameplay with a Sonic's robo--[/Quote]

Dude it's really not that big a deal, the simulator stages are somewhat challenging.

...Aaand that's why I always thought that Werehog wasn't that bad actually. My sister always says that "there's no point in playing a game you only have to run, run and run. I like that werewolf thing."

Annnnnd this last statement made any argument you may have had completely invalid, werehog lovers get out.

But you guys have to agree with me that adding Super Sonic in the later games were a desperate strategy.

No

People's been complaining about a one-level Super Sonic since Sonic Adventure. Maybe that's not frustrating; that SS really looks cool. Butit has nothing related to your true objetive ingame.

The whole point of the story was to stray away from emeralds for once and it works. There was no desperation in adding a cool mode to the game for the sake of wow factor.

WAIT WHAT. Eggman made a Sonic AI? Why didn't he use it to re-create Mecha Sonic?

And where's the challenge on playing new levels if the game already has dozens of them? That'd be boring.

WAIT WHAT? Eggman made a Mecha Sonic? The first one failed pretty damn hard, and the one from Sonic CD was trash too, what the hell was the point of making a third one? Fuck hes nothing but a sonic with a bunch of metal spikes to make him look cooler. And....he uses the MASTER EMERALD to turn SUPER? That makes no fucking sense. What the hell, Sega. Learn to follow your own plot, for christs sake.

And yeah, theres no reason to have NEW levels at all. They're so fucking stupid. They need to just stop trying, their ideas are retarded. Who the fuck wants new levels? Dipshits.

They tried to makeup that in Colors adding the Wisps. Not saying that this is bad or whatever. It sounds interesting.

Yeah, Werehog was the best idea ever. It's not like it said Sonic the Hedgehog on the case or anything; Sonic UNLEASHED obviously means that most of the game should revolve around his Werehog form. Anyone who hated the slower paced movement and stretchy arms which don't function a thing like Kratos' Chains of Chaos at all just never realized that it said UNLEASHED on the case.

And yeah, the Wisps are stupid because its just an obvious attempt at trying to copy Sonic 3 & Knuckles' feature to have multiple abilities. They should just give up. Besides, Wisps are so stupid, it should have been SHIELD abilities. What the fuck are these dumb little things for, anyway? They look retarded. They should have obviously been Flickies. That would have made more sense.

But you guys have to agree with me that adding Super Sonic in the later games were a desperate strategy. People's been complaining about a one-level Super Sonic since Sonic Adventure. Maybe that's not frustrating; that SS really looks cool. Butit has nothing related to your true objetive ingame.

Yeah I totally agree. There's no reason to add Supersonic at all. They've obviously FUCKED up so bad, there's no point in adding things that we say they should add because they're just so dumb. We've been complaining about not using Super Sonic all this time, we dont even fucking want it anymore. We just want them to not add it to the game ever so we can bitch when we beat the game and cant play with Super Sonic.

Besides he has no true objective to the game at all. Come on, Sega, im an ADULT now. I dont want you to make the game easy by rewarding me with a "SUPER COOL FEATURE YEEAHHH" just because I did a little something extra. I mean, my ingame objective is to DEFEAT Dr. ROBOTNICK (not Eggman you dickholes). It's not like my objective is to have fun, or anything...

• Like 2

@Serephim Thank God you understood what I was trying to say.

Super Sonic was an ingame gimmick that really made sense on both Sonic 2 and 3. But it was part of the story anyway.

Putting an unlockable Super Sonic in Colors for finishing some kind of special-with-same-gameplay levels were so idiot like finishing Hard Mode to unlock Gold Sparkster Mode on Rocket Knight 2010.

Knocked out the first 3 worlds, gotta say so far I'm loving it, and the boss fights have been pretty good actually :o

for once I feel like I'm playing a quality sidescroller/3d platformer, and I'm digging it.

EDIT: LH, sereph was being sarcastic the whole post, I can't believe you're that dense.

That's all fine. It doesn't matter who's sarcastic or not. And I'm not going to move to another topic and start a discussion about how SEGA always fails in some point.

I have the complete conviction that all of what I'm saying is truth. This idiot discussion ends here for me along with SEGA's inutile efforts to make the perfect Sonic game that will never exist. I like Sonic Colors, but fuck that. I am never buying any Sonic game again.

EDIT: I dispense sarcastic or non-sarcastic commentaries about these posts.

That's all fine. It doesn't matter who's sarcastic or not. And I'm not going to move to another topic and start a discussion about how SEGA always fails in some point.

I have the complete conviction that all of what I'm saying is truth. This idiot discussion ends here for me along with SEGA's inutile efforts to make the perfect Sonic game that will never exist. I like Sonic Colors, but fuck that. I am never buying any Sonic game again.

EDIT: I dispense sarcastic or non-sarcastic commentaries about these posts.

once again. LOL.

I respect your opinion, but I don't believe in any way shape or form any of your arguments are valid for this game. The proof is in the reviews sir, and I haven't seen a negative one yet.

Commence pirating.

I plan to get Sonic Colors, shame the US isn't getting it til Tuesday though.