A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

well back during SA2 when it was introduced, and it was still, you know, cool and all, he wore Soap shoes that allowed his grinding mechanics (and sparks) to actually make fucking sense.

All trailers and gameplay footage point to this being another grindfest (literally) and me not giving two fucks about it. But it'll still sell, get decent reviews, all of you complaining about it will give in to purchase it anyway, and the next game will just be another offshoot of this with slightly different "gameplay mechanics".

I really give up on this franchise. Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 dont look like BAD games, but they dont look like anything i'd waste $50/60 on, either. Its just another lost franchise to me now, kind of like Crash Bandicoot or something.

Sonic won't be comparable to Crash's demise til this happens:

02__Older_Sonic_by_umbra_rockchick.jpg

and if SEGA sold off Sonic and he got taken by the wrong hands, it would happen

It wouldn't happen with SEGA because they lack the balls to do such a drastic change (probably got neutered around 2007)

with that, Sonic Team would probably suck less if they just hired some fresh new blood and send off the grampas. I like Colors and 4, but it's obvious that 2010 could be Sonics only good year (I'm talking 2000+)

dunno why I'd post this though, it'd spark more of a debate than I care about

Crash alone isn't too bad.. but WHAT ON EARTH DID THEY DO TO JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE

Oh I haven't even seen anyone else's design so I guess there's not much I can say on that front. But in either case, I'm with Ristar. Warped was the last Crash game I enjoyed.

If you're looking for a game that controls like a slightly frictionless Sonic Adventure 2, has hedge-human shipping, and involves an (overly) dramatic hedgehog and a certain cat posing as time travelers trying to destroy a version of chaos that is made of fire (who is really a god), I'd say this game is for you.

It's a waste of money at $20, but at £4? Not so much. But at any price, is the game worth it? No. My opinion on the matter.

Is it REALLY that bad?

That's a fucking idiot game. Too much loading screens. Sonic's jump from wall to wall on mach speed sections seem like he's flying (owww gosh), besides the numerous unnaceptable glitches in it. I prefer thinking that Elise is a glitch too. Someone burned the first version of the game DVD in a pink disc...

Don't waste money with it. Or if you want to, follow the master's steps: it's the only pirate game I got. And I play it on my cousin's unlocked console.

EDIT: Before anyone says I'm encouraging anyone to buy pirate games: Don't buy nither Sonic 2006, neither the pirate one. It may fuck up your console (And your life. And your patience.) if you even put the DVD next to it.

Talking about Sonic 06 really isn't any less relavant than your talk of Emo Sonic and other companies taking control of Sonic. Anyway the point is we tend to wander off in conversation in this thread and the Sonic 4 thread. I don't really see it as a problem due to the fact that we've pretty much said all that can be said about the facts.