A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colors Thread

I thought they always stored the emeralds inside Tails' poo-schute.

I was pretty excited when I first heard Sonic talk in Sadv. Was it Drummond? I dunno, but his voice suited him... and 90% of the time he kept his fucking mouth shut.

I was back at home a few weeks back and decided to play on Sonic Heroes and Sonic just wouldn't shut up. Just pointing out obvious shit. They'd bang puzzles in the game and then Fuckstick the Hedgehog would tell you exactly what to do.

Fuck.

I particularly had a moment in Sonic Heroes, of which Ill never forget, I was playing as team rose and I was grinding on rails on Rail Canyon, and Cream says "Be careful not to fall," which was nice and all.... but uh, it would of been helpful maybe a few seconds BEFORE I did instead of after...

when will we all agree to just lower our standards permanently and acknowledge that Sonic Team sucks at making their own franchise.

This game is not going to be Sonic Adventure 1 or 2. The franchise has changed, and the team developing the game has an almost 85% different outlook on what makes a Sonic game a sonic game. Not to mention, they lack the original talent the first team had. Look at the Chao Gardens. Doubt ANYTHING similar will EVER show up again in a Sonic Team game, they're too streamlined and to-the-blueprint to ever do anything like that again, and even if they tried im positive they'd fuck it up pretty bad.

Sonic Colors is Sonic Unleashed with less astounding lighting effects and environments. Oh, and no fuckhog. While i found it a blast to burst through the pretty environments in Unleashed, the game is no more than platforming simplified almost to the point of slipping into another genre. I'd almost call it a Racing Action-Platformer, or something. It's obvious they are just too blind to understand what we're asking for.

You know, looking at people like Sega and Sonic Team post year 2001, i really do wonder if these are a group of game developers, or just people at workstations that develop videogames.

And as for Takashi Iizuka....I give him credit for the stuff he worked on in the past, but damn i dont really care what he says anymore. Every game since Heroes has been kind of ass.

Chao Gardens can burn in hell. All my friends ever did was want to play with the chao. >:|

Sonic Colors is Sonic Unleashed with less astounding lighting effects and environments. Oh, and no fuckhog. While i found it a blast to burst through the pretty environments in Unleashed, the game is no more than platforming simplified almost to the point of slipping into another genre. I'd almost call it a Racing Action-Platformer, or something. It's obvious they are just too blind to understand what we're asking for.
hahahah oh wow

this is hilarious

Seriously guys, You're all mostly talking about old stuff that already happened. It's like the Apocalypse happened years ago and we're still alive just TALKING about what to do instead of doing it. Hell we'd all be dead by now. Or probably zombies that can get wacked by a Mr.Sandman. =P

Didn't we already have an Racing Action-Platformer before Unleashed?

Oh, right, Rivals. It sucked. Like everything else Iizuka touches these days.

But, really, Unleashed was TOO MUCH racer, and not enough platformer. Actually, I'd prefer if they get rid of the 'racer' part altogether. Unleashed's day stages had very little platforming outside of the 2D sections, and Sonic was basically a car that could jump and had the worst handling ever.

What is this blasphemy

YEAH, YOU HEARD ME. I didn't like it. The stages were boring, the bosses were also boring, races weren't fun either, and anytime you didn't race was boring as shit. Music sucked, too. Oh, and the first game had four endings which didn't tie together at all, meaning you might as well call it non-canon.

it wasn't mind blowing but it wasn't much more boring than rush

sonics ready to bust someones ass

Wha? Sonic Rush was million times better than Sonic Rivals. The only good thing about Rivals were pretty graphics. Rush had good gameplay and great music.

Rush had good gameplay and great music.

You know, people say that, but when I played Rush I just couldn't stop thinking about how cheap the difficult portions were, how boring and empty the levels felt, and how the music was so far removed from anything I'd ever expect or desire from any video game let alone a Sonic game.

I'd say Sonic Rush is probably one of my least favorite games in the series based purely on the principles it made acceptable like the vile boost feature and the extreme recycling of egg pawns. Have I mentioned how much I hate Egg Pawns? They and the things like them are seriously on my list of the most hated things about the series in its current form.

Well, to be frank, at least Rush was fun, for what it was, I can say that at least. Unfortunately, they decided to export its design decisions to other Sonic games, which I am far less fine with. Also, Blaze, she's my favourite Sonic character.

and how the music was so far removed from anything I'd ever expect or desire from any video game let alone a Sonic game.

I take it you haven't played Jet Set Radio, then? Same composer. I liked the music, incidentally. One's opinion on the music in the Rush games tends to vary depending on taste, I notice.

Sonic Rush... Iv never played it, but it even LOOKS boring! You just speed through levels, there's no real objective, just dash through... not many enemies.... the boss levels were ALL essentially the same... only 2 playable characters... and only a few good songs were tolerable, such as sky babylon...

Night Carnival sounds like Cartman from South Park was singing it...

the only good thing that I can get from it was the intro of Marine. I like her for some reason. I think she's a good assets and adds something kinda new to some of the dull, listless characters...

Then again everyones opinion is biased including mine!

stuff like this makes me wonder why i still even bother. Wishing for good Sonic games are like praying for snow days in Stone Mountain, Georgia back in highschool.
I went to Stone Mountain once

I ran away and nearly got hit by that train :tgrin:

in b4 "I wish it did hit you sparks"