A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nexus Q&A

hRook

This thread is being created to centralize discussion surrounding Sonic Nexus. As webmaster, it has come to my attention that there is much speculation and arousing heated sentiment regarding the status of the game.

You guys have questions, we have answers, but as we've learned over the course of things, things don't always go as planned. People hold our own words to our necks like knives when it has to do with this project; it is our burden. I would like to say that Brad, Tax and I are all deeply complimented by the community's interest and buzz around the project, as it's better than we could have really hoped for. But, we intend on meeting your expectations, if not exceeding them, and it has become increasingly difficult to manage information flow considering certain circumstances.

This thread is partly an effort to reorganize our website. We want to reformat it to more of an information hub than a rumor mill. You'll see this flesh out more over the next month. But, for now we are disabling comments on the main site and considering this our central location of discussion.

So ask away. I do ask you please be civil. I have a lot of respect for this community, and I am hoping that the community feels the same way about our project.

Personally I feel that when it is done its done. I hate how people will hold you to your word on a project like this when its mainly something you guys are just doing as a hobby. When shit gets done, it gets done, and people need to learn to be patient. You guys aren't a professional studio, and this game is not the sole focus of your lives, so why people don't understand that is beyond me.

As for expectations, I'm sure you guys wouldn't put out something that sucked because its obvious you guys care about the project and work hard at it, so really whatever is put out I'll be satisfied with.

Man I sound like a kiss-ass in this post, but truthfully this project and Slinger pointing me here are really the reasons why I'm even around this awesome community and got exposed to many peoples great games.

I'm happy that you guys are working on the finished product now, which makes me even more excited. There's not a single thing about this game I don't like, so I can wait for ages.

Also, I'm loving the badnik concepts by Boz, which I only saw 5 minutes ago.

I curious to see some screenies of cosmic chaos zone. I love that new badnick concept, (the one with the card bumper thing).

I am looking forward to this, and want to see screenshots and stuff as much I wanted to see the sonic 4 stuff, But I can wait. This is the best SFG out there IMO and I don't want to pressure you guys,...BUT I DO WANT TO SEE YOU GUYS FINISH IT :P

See, that's precisely the reason why I often hide my own projects from the public eye until I need beta testers. xD Don't want to get things overhyped and all. I kinda did that with Sonic Strife.

But yeah, I played the demo of Sonic Nexus, and the engine is very polished and the graphics are asfkjdslfjingly good. ^_^ Best of luck on completing it to its rightful end.

Also, quick question... I'm not sure if this has been answered yet since I only became aware of this game very recently, but seeing how the website has images of Tails, will he be a playable character in the final version? :3

• 2 months later...

A small update, I guess.

I've been working on the thing with the stuff on and off after graduation in between television shoots, but I'm off to Los Angeles for a few weeks to work on "Outlaw." It's a new show for NBC's Friday night primetime line-up, coming this Fall. I've been called in for post-sound duties. Tax has some shit poppin' off right now, too, so he hasn't been able to do anything. Understandable. The man's takin' over the world.

I wanted to do a li'l somethin' somethin' for SAGE '10 (like screenshots, nothing playable), but with the chunk of time I'll be losing, I'm going to have to pass (again). It's not like I need the show, but it's always nice to support it with a project.

At least this pass is with plenty of notice. Have a good summer, cuhzels.

I wanted to do a li'l somethin' somethin' for SAGE '10 (like screenshots, nothing playable), but with the chunk of time I'll be losing, I'm going to have to pass (again). It's not like I need the show, but it's always nice to support it with a project.

At least this pass is with plenty of notice. Have a good summer, cuhzels.

Can't wait to see some new screens! I wanted to have something playable myself for SAGE '10, but real life is taking over everything basically. So I guess i'm passing too this time around. But i'm looking forward to the next Nexus release however!

More time = more creative awesomeness!

Most likely, teasers of any sort, won't be shown until a great significant amount of progress is done from all of us on the team. I suggest everyone just please be very patient for a while longer, something will be shown eventually when ready.

• 2 weeks later...
Not really all fan games take forever. Everyone acts like Nexus is unique in how long its taking to finish it. I can think of several fan games that have been in development just as long or longer.
If I recall, Sonic Classic has been in development for about 5 years now?

[/offtopic]

Not really all fan games take forever. Everyone acts like Nexus is unique in how long its taking to finish it. I can think of several fan games that have been in development just as long or longer.

Sonic Time Attacked by Jamie Bailey, an extremely popular and famous fan game from back in the day took quite a while. So have many quality fan games. Besides, in terms of dev time? NO fan game has got JACK SHIT, on SRB2. Closest thing would maybe be one or two of Blazehedgehog's projects that've been remade 50,000 times and was started in the late 90s or some shit XD. (Blaze if you come in here and contradict my obvious humorous exaggeration I will shake my fist at you SO hard)