A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

REALLY not fond of the blue and red on the logo dude.

I think the banner looks good the way it is.

It's what makes it different from any other fan game or main line game for that matter.

The color should be how he likes it.

By the way, @Delta:

Do you have a specific intro planned out?

I noticed because I'm going to be doing something very similar with Sonic Grand Prix.

I think you should totally do something like have it start on Earth and like maybe the intro can just show opening credit like things like the SEGA logo while the screen is moving up into space and have the ring/banner and Sonic kind of fade in.

But whatever works for you, I'm just saying it would be cool since the space background is similar to what I might do so I figured why not share the wealth.

Hopefully that idea made sense to you and I didn't word anything wrong.

Also, is (I'm sorry I don't remember the name of your first stage) going to be the only stage appearing in your demo?

Sorry about the long post.

Keep it real and excellent.

I think the banner looks good the way it is.

It's what makes it different from any other fan game or main line game for that matter.

The color should be how he likes it.

By the way, @Delta:

Do you have a specific intro planned out?

I noticed because I'm going to be doing something very similar with Sonic Grand Prix.

I think you should totally do something like have it start on Earth and like maybe the intro can just show opening credit like things like the SEGA logo while the screen is moving up into space and have the ring/banner and Sonic kind of fade in.

But whatever works for you, I'm just saying it would be cool since the space background is similar to what I might do so I figured why not share the wealth.

Hopefully that idea made sense to you and I didn't word anything wrong.

Also, is (I'm sorry I don't remember the name of your first stage) going to be the only stage appearing in your demo?

Sorry about the long post.

Keep it real and excellent.

For the intro, I have no idea how to do that. :P

And yes, Shimmering Hill will be the only level in the demo.

I actually like the Red and Blue combo, but if you do wanna change it, just use two different shades of blue instead.

Also, offtopic but, Hey JetHawk, aren't you from the Cave Story Tribute Forums? I knew I recognized your avatar from somewhere. Quotonic. :P

@Delta: Haha, neither do I but it would be cool to try and squeeze in for the demo.

That is if you're able to but if you don't want to that's all good under the hood.

@DNL: I've seen him around another board or two, not that one, a while ago and this is the one site where he makes the most conversation.

EDIT: @Delta: I'm also curious as of what kind of enemies will appear in Shimmering Hill.

Like if they're going to be remakes or custom.

Either way, you should show one or two.

I actually like the Red and Blue combo, but if you do wanna change it, just use two different shades of blue instead.

Also, offtopic but, Hey JetHawk, aren't you from the Cave Story Tribute Forums? I knew I recognized your avatar from somewhere. Quotonic. :P

Indeed I am my friend.. Whats your username back there?