A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

This thread is old, outdated, and embarrassing. Move along.

The HUD is a tad big, indeed.

Resize down the life counter, reposition it (it looks like it's floating. I know it's because of the head... So move down the SONIC text and the number, not the face), and make the item bar a bit shorter. You can also just use "ITEM" instead of "CURRENT ITEM" to save more space.

For even more conservation, you can try integrating the gauge to the item icon. You can make it round-shaped, with a C shaped outer ring for the counter.

The ring counter is fine. It's the most important element in the HUD, so it's appropriate.

Great job Delta just make everything a little smaller and it will be really solid. If you are looking for ways to improve it further I'd reduce the number shades and shade in a similar fashion to the gray P1 and P2 text from Sonic Drift 2.

menus.png

Edit I also tried my hand at editing your second Sonic Sprite.

DeltaSonicEdit.png

I used the Pallette for the muzzle, the eye shading with an extra pixel or lighter green. I used parts the ligter shades of the head from Overbound's edit. I do consider myself to be a relatively skilled spriter, but the shading style of the sprite you used is a slightly difficult task to pull off when I'm changing the other sprites, if you know what I mean.