A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ragequits in online games

Cyber Rat

I don't play online games that much. The only 2 I regularly play are Left 4 Dead (2), and Team Fortress 2 (TF2 I play a lot less). Two weeks ago, L4D2 came out, and I've been playing it almost every day for a few hours. Guess what? Today I got an achievement for "Winning a Team VS match". It didn't take so long because me and my friends suck, but because we can't finish one game because of all the goddamn ragequitting.

Out of 57 VS games played, I have 8 completed. As soon as one team starts winning, the other team quits. It practically makes the game unplayable. What's worse, people quit if their ping isn't in the green at the start of the match, without even bothering to see how the game runs (note that L4D's ping counter always shows more than it actually is. I just played a match with over 250 ping in red and had no lag whatsoever).

Is this a normal thing these days? Do you guys have the same problem with other online games? (Console or PC)

Quitting doesn't bother me in games like COD, where there are a bunch of people on the opposing team. One quit won't really effect anything. On things like fighting games, though, it bugs the hell out of me. Especially when you're trying to unlock something.

Cyber Rat sounds like he's got it bad. I haven't played online in a while, but in TF2 there's pretty much a "make someone ragequit achievement" I got with the Pyro. On my second day of playing no less.

Halo 3 ragequits happen kinda often...which puzzles me because you lose EXP. I played online once where 3 other people on my team ragequit at like the beginning and I was the only one left. (I still won) People don't like losing, huh? *shrug*

Blazblue is a lot of fun, because ranked matches usually pair me up with repeat opponents once a day. Before the PS3 was sent into repairs, I had a log of all the angry messages saved in my inbox.

BlazBlue is really a lot of fun, however I hate people ragequitting in it. Granted it only has happened to me once or twice, but it counts as you were quitting too...which sucks. I am so rusty at it now though ugh.

Ragequitting in L4D2 is way higher than L4D, it's just so easy to squash teams.

The way it's been working is if you make it to the safe room and they dont, expect at least 1 rage quit.

It was also easier to deal with in L4D because you could just heartbeat the server and then ppl would join, for some reason that's disabled in L4D2.

I play a lot of TF2 as well, but L4D/2 rage quitting effects the game strongly because theres only 8 ppl and the team work that's involved.

I haven't played online in a while, but in TF2 there's pretty much a "make someone ragequit achievement" I got with the Pyro. On my second day of playing no less.

TF2 isn't much of a problem, since it's a 32 player game. When you have 8 players in a game (or 2 players in VS fighters), it becomes much more annoying.

People always ragequit in Starcraft. They don't want their records tarnished, so they yank out their ethernet cables.

Frankly, I don't give a shit about a record, so I play until I win or die.

Frankly, I prefer play with friends who don't cheat and who are on a similar experience level.

Never got ragequits until I played BlazBlue. After a while i started aiming for them, since they're so damn funny. Once i decided to dictate all of my moves through the mic while playing...so when i picked jin, i decided to just spam "ICE CAR ICE CAR ICE CAR GALEEE CHILL BLIZZARD ICE CAR ICE CAR EYESORE ICE CAR" both physically and orally while playing.

Funny thing is, i never noticed that i got the message because i was laughing so fucking hard after i won. Only after messaging someone later did i find his message, which included something along the lines of "learn to play jin correctly then play me noob" or something equally hillarious.

Lol i had hte complete opposite of a rage quit today in L4D2, i was by myself on survivor side on the 360 version. This guy gets on with a 2nd person playing on his box. This dick votes me off, RAGE KICK. So what do I do? hop back into the game and fucking team kill the asshole.