A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Paranoia Agent anyone?

I watched Paranoia Agent when it was first showed on as. The first episode I saw (I believe it was the third, but it was the one you saw) I absolutely hated. It was nothing but a whiney kid complain about losing popularity. But for some reason, I decided to give it another try and watched the next episode and was pleasantly suprised that the story in no way revolved around him.

Yeah, I saw Paranoid Agent when it was first around, too. My first ep. was the one involving the woman with the split personality trapped inside her head. I didn't get to see much of the episodes, but I did see the last few and was throuroughly satified by the ending. It wasn't until recently when I saw the first episode that I understood what had happened...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know whether I hate it or love it. One episode I love for how amazingly understandable it is, the next one drives me nuts, and there's a few that leave scratching my head thinking "what did I just watch?"

Now the episode with the three dead people was pretty amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the overall strangeness of their odd predicament, especially when they met Lil' Slugger.

The next-to-last episode was funny in how Lil' Slugger kept tearing the house down while the lady talked, simply waiting for her to give in. the fact she never did, though, drove him off.

The last episode, even though it explained everything, was still the oddest thing I have ever seen. It made perfect sense, it just did it in a truely abstract fashion.

As for Geneon's dubs, I think they're okay, for the most part. I enjoyed the Dub of Gungrave, up until the "Beyonda de Gravu" section. (reference to japanese dub, which was rather iffy.) This was the point where they started messing it up, changing "Deadmen" to "Superior". though I'm rather glad they didn't scream "GRAAAAAVE!" continuously. "BRAAANDOOON!" was MUCH more bearable. but I never liked that section of the anime, because how off it was from the game, and he LOST HE F$#@ING COFFIN!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. Final Episode was on again tonight. I decided to sit all the way through it.

Same silly ending with the horribly drawn out, obvious, backwards storyline.

But at the end, the guy is scribbling what I can only assume to be math on the sidewalk. Right before he solves the equation he gets some revelation like he solved the meaning of life and then it ends.

Does this have ANY relevance to the story, and, what the fsck is it about?

Okay. Final Episode was on again tonight. I decided to sit all the way through it.

Same silly ending with the horribly drawn out, obvious, backwards storyline.

But at the end, the guy is scribbling what I can only assume to be math on the sidewalk. Right before he solves the equation he gets some revelation like he solved the meaning of life and then it ends.

Does this have ANY relevance to the story, and, what the fsck is it about?

Silly boy! It's a replay of the beginning of the first episode, point for point, meaning that the nightmare has simply started over. :P

I started watching this a few weeks ago and it really drew me in, because it immediately made me think, "wow... this looks pretty deep". I went ahead and downloaded all of the episodes... and then watched them, and I was really psyched until the second to the last episode. On the second to the last episode they remove any semblance of depth from the series and just generally ____ it up. I had guessed what the origin of Little Slugger was from the very first episode with little difficulty, and uh... I was expecting them to throw me with a major twist before the end and they just didn't. Instead they turned it into standard anime shocker bull____.

I never made any effort to even check out this show, but it happened to be one when I came out of the bathroom last night. There were two humans, and then every other character appears to be a cardboard cutout. I don't know if this was because they were at some carnival, or if that's how they always do that, but I changed the channel.

{some spoilers are probably in this post}

That was Ikari's (the older detective) old-fassioned land of make believe where Tsukiko Sagi was hiding from Little Slugger and the world's scorn.

But What The ____ Is He Doing?

I think the main point was to show that the younger detective (Maniwa), because of this incident, had become the same type of crazy that the old man he kept running into was. You know, that whole mirror, doubling thing. To be fair, it had showed that he was already pretty unballanced in how he so willingly played into whatever farfetched proposition came before him and the way he was preaching about Little Slugger on a suicide discussion chat room.

Anyway, the story's not that deep and meaningful and I don't know that it was meant to be. The only person who might have had something thoughtful to say in the story was Ikari's wife. The story had more emphasis on a believable, but a little extreme, human, display of emotions and repressions and such than having a deeper meaning and great twists. I'm pretty sure you were supposed to figure out the origin of Little Slugger- they had spelt it out for you. I'm not saying it was an amazing ending, because it wasn't, but the momentum and presentation that the show had developed was very much realized in the ending.