A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sony Lie Machine Just Keeps On Working

Eraysor

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65789

It seems the war of words between Sony and Microsoft is far from over yet - now SCEA boss Kaz Hirai has declared that he's sick of MS copying their ideas.

"Every time we go down a path, we look behind and [Microsoft is] right there - we just can't shake these guys," Hirai told Official PlayStation Magazine.

"I wish that they would come up with some strategies of their own, but they seem to be going down the path of everything we do."

Hirai didn't stop there, laying into Microsoft's decision to include an HD-DVD drive as an optional external device - rather than supporting a next-gen DVD format from the outset as Sony is doing with its Blu-Ray drive.

"You're not going to be asking me, 'So, talk to me about this Blu-Ray add-on that you have. Does it work for games? Is it just for movies?' That's exactly the kind of pitfall you fall into if you launch something that's too early, too premature..." Hirai claimed.

Sony itself has been accused of copying competitors' ideas in the past - eyebrows were raised at E3 this year when the PS3's motion-sensing controller was unveiled. Execs claimed the concept has been in development for several years, but some observers still believe Sony was influenced by the Wii's remote controller.

Similarly, Xbox Live marketplace and Live Arcade services offer connected online gameplay and digital distribution of multimedia content, with basic services free of charge - all of which has been promised from Sony when the PS3 launches in November.

This is just ridiculous. I don't know how they can say this after they copy Nintendo AND their online service for the PS3 is almost identical to Xbox Live.

.. Anyone up for driving down to Sony's American HQ and dropping off a little present.

Oh no! It's not a bomb. We're going to get thousands and thousands of ducks, geese, and chicken and let them run around the place and crap all over. Sabotage of awesomeness!

"Hay guys, I just read on the internets that Sony's PS3 games are going to be less than $100! Isn't that AWESOME! Sony is so good to us, it's such a good deal! Meanwhile the Wii-Wii games are probably liek... LESS THAN FORTY or something lol I bet ther poo."

Squeenix and Epon Nichi aren't that special anymore. Disgaea was cool and all, but they have yet to pull off something quite as good yet. And Squeenix hasn't made a game that struck me as new and exciting since BFM. I certainly wouldn't pay 70+ dollars for any recent squeenix experience.

Squeenix and Epon Nichi aren't that special anymore. Disgaea was cool and all, but they have yet to pull off something quite as good yet. And Squeenix hasn't made a game that struck me as new and exciting since BFM. I certainly wouldn't pay 70+ dollars for any recent squeenix experience.

Disgaea 2 comes August, and 3 will hit japan eventually.

I'd love to see the KH series grow.

FFXIII looks tits.

oh, and Shadow of the Colossus will always have a special place in my heart, even if you guys generally hated it.

k...but Sony generally gets all the quality japanese RPGs. I know they're mostly cliche, but they're really popular...

Wii can't be all gimmick games. I need half gimmick games (with MORE content, PLEASE. Wario Ware Touched offers so little!), half traditional games (like SSBB) That way, JRPG fans like me may be able to get our fix without jumping to the PS3.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Sony. I only have a PS2 cause it was my dad's 50thbirthday gift and it was for a ridiculously low price at the time (remember when the PS2 was $300? We got a PS2, a 3rd party controller, Stuntman, Wipeout Fusion, and a carrying games for $280) I did get gamer envy though when KH first hit the PS2...

bleh...western RPGs are all the same to me. Especially the MMOs. I go to the PC section of a store, and everything is either:

cheesy Sci-Fi FPS

cheesy Midevil(sp?) RPG

cheesy Sci-fi RPG

I guess JRPGs are somewhat cheesy too, but at least their art syle (and graphics) aren't trying to be all realisitc and the same.

I dunno. When I see all PC games, they all look like they same game but with a different title and box art...bleh...

You're gonna keep arguing with me anyways, DW, so let's just agree that Kaz likes the smell of his own farts, and Reggie is God reincarnated in the form of a human.