A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Gemini by DM Ashura

Good afternoon, I hope all are well and everything is going smoothly in the final days before SAGE!

I'm here to announce Sonic Gemini, a fangame from the mind of DM Ashura of Bemani fame. For those that don't know me, I'm the guy behind a lot of the game's artwork, and DM Ashura's go-to guy for this kinda stuff.

What am I wasting my time here for? You're already here, so you must be somewhat interested: Come check out our game site!

We're still putting finishing touches on our demo, but no worries! We'll have something ready for SAGE! :ssmile:

TTFN, ta ta for now, and good luck to everyone else contributing; it's looking to be quite a show this year!

• Like 1

DMAshura's engine is solid he is a very good program and adapted to GameMaker quite fast. I'm sorry I haven't been able to help you yet man little stuff in Time Twisted keeps popping up right now its getting this new camera working with the cut scenes. But at any rate good luck the screeny looks boss.

I've been wondering how much progress this project has made. I enjoy the concept alot and from what I've seen, it also works very well. The graphics look great and refreshing. Also, I'm expecting some kick-ass music to play this to.

Those are some amazing visuals there! You'd be so surprised at how different an experience a fresh look can make it, but after seeing so many derivatives of pre-existing themes, its good to see one that feels new. The motif seems to be some kind of exotic jungle ruin based on the mockup, does the theme primarily focus on the kind of appearance that represents or are there interior areas too?

EDIT: Checked out the concept art for the zones on the main site. I love the way it translated to the mockup. There appears to be an underground room to showcase an interior backdrop in the concept, so I'm guessing that partially answers my question. Looking forward to seeing more!