A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Twitter is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen in my life and the hype is way out of control.

I swear, if I hear one more thing about Twitter in the news, I'm going to explode. Twitter is utterly retarded. I don't care that some random celebrity is taking a shit now and neither should anyone.

You know, I've always been a little wary of this Web 2.0 bullshit. I've been privately hoping it will just all go away like the horrific farts that someone who actually uses twitter would probably be hearing about often. But every time I turn around, it gets a little stupider, a little more annoying. Ok, youtube really put streaming in the main stream, and thats awesome. Wikipedia and all the various just for fun wikis out there are pretty sweet too. Facebook is useful if you want to get in touch with some friends in another region... though if you are anything like me, you probably got a little into it at first and then slowly began ignoring everyone and everything on there as the avenue opened up to every douchebag and annoying relative.

But now this shit has started spilling over way too much into reality. The news won't shut the fuck up about how their lame ass anchors want you to subscribe to their narcissism feeds. Comedy Central thinks it can just throw a bunch of youtube videos together and call it a series. I could probably go on but I won't...

And now people are supposedly staging protests and perhaps even revolutions with Twitter. Iran is allegedly in the midst of using Twitter for counter intelligence. Actually, thats just what you'd think if you listened to the news... where they somehow fail to differentiate between Twitter feeds and some other tool released by the same group for collaborative shit...

Ending the rant now. Simple question. Does anyone here think Twitter is worth even half a damn?

And here something to make this just a little more fun.

http://current.com/items/89891774_twouble-with-twitters.htm

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen and I'm glad someone else thinks so. It's the all of the douchebags from facebook who update from their phone every 5 seconds all on one site. Enough said.

Much agreed DW. Twitter is the inept compilation of text messaging and small time blogging. The two essentially don't even belong in the same plane, as in blogging is supposed to be about having something important to say. That your cat puked in his litter box or that your burned your toast this morning is rather irrelevant, to my life, to your life, and to the rest of the internet. I appreciate narcissism, but only when it's about me.

One thing I find horrible with all of this "Web 2.0" madness is the news agencies "getting it" so to speak. CNN is the worst, using Facebook, MySpace and Twitter all at once so that the audience can better communicate with the newscasts. But when all you're dealing with is text, e-mail works just as fine, and it's what they used to do. But hey, if you wanna be cool man, you gotta use Web 2.0!

Bleh.

I agree with the OP. When I saw something about Twitter, I was like wtf is this? And i sort of just dismissed it as some un-important wanna be myspace thingy. Now there are advertisments all over the place. Actually, I've never in my life been to the site personally, and I don't really plan on going there unless someone sends me a link and i dont look at the address.

The only reason I have an account is so I can talk to the lead singer from a band I really like. Turns out he is a real nice guy. I wish the guitarist had it too, that way I could ask him stuff about getting better at playing the guitar, but oh well lol.

I belive that Twitter is the most stupid and useless thing ever created in the internet.

I couldn't agree more with everything DW said. He nailed down the points very precisely, and that's about how I feel about Twitter as well.

That been said,

Twitter = Waste Of Time.