A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sega Sonic All-Stars Sonic Sega Sonic Racing Sonic featuring Sonic

Herotokami

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least the gameplay looks solid enough. And hopefully less broken than MKWii.

Not likely, considering Super Sonic is more broken than any Mario Kart item ever - the guy at the controls was doing pretty badly, and he plows through the competition with minimal effort and even ends up in first place.

The minigame in SA2 was that though, a minigame. I guess this is one as well. Never mind my comment earlier about throwing up. It's just seeing them continually milk Sonic over and over then finally they milk him like this. I don't have to play the game I know that, hell I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic 06(not counting my brief run in with Unleashed). One day, Sonic may rise from the grave but until then I will have to move on or deal with it.

Not likely, considering Super Sonic is more broken than any Mario Kart item ever

I object. Do you know how many times I've been in the lead in MarioKart64 just to get hit by a FREAKING SPIKED SHELL!? Do you know how many times I was about to win JUST TO GET THUNDERSTRUCK AND FALL OFF THE TRACK!? DO YOU? Mario Kart is the most broken among the god awful broken karting games that exist in the universe. I've never played anything as cheap as that (note, I played Mario Kart a lot), and I've played GodHand and the game still couldn't make me cry as much as MarioKart64 did.

Anyway, back on topic. Among all the werewolves and swordfights and gunfights... after some thought, this doesn't sound as bad as the last few games. So, meh.

I do have one objection though:

waitwat.png

What the fuck is this shit?

If I were to call this the making of a great game, I'd have to learn to lie. This game pretty much Mario Kart ported to every other system, with fancy graphics and different characters. SEGA/Sonic Team needs some good as hell ideas, this is the like 1 millionth game they've made revolving around the idea of racing. Sonic Riders, Sonic Riders : ZG, Sonic R, Sonic Drift, and Sonic Drift 2. I know Sonic is meant for speed and all, but can't they make like another game not revolving around holding the right/left button for all eternity? Or atleast without needing extra items when he's the fastest thing in the world? Like a fighting game (not massive fail like Unleashed), or something?

BTW, epic forum title.

EDIT: I'm sure Sonic Team would get good money like they used to if they ported oldie Sonic games and Sonic Adventure / 2 to the 360, PS3, and Wii. Having older Sonic games in 2.5-d and having Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the X360 with amazing graphics would be kickass.

EDIT2: Watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhIAJmwuPXQ makes me think of the frustration of playing through the game, and the glitches to come with it. The steering looks hard as hell. The driver crashes into a wall just to make a turn, every time.

I'm sure at least one person out there has bought SA: DX and/or SA2:B for their Wii.

Did they really port those to Wii like they did with the Pikmin games, or do you mean run the Gamecube games on the Wii?

They are already getting good money porting oldie games to all three of those and if it's any consolation, I'm sure at least one person out there has bought SA:DX and/or SA2:B for their Wii.

I know, but they'd make even better money porting it to multi-systems, and not making us resort to emulators that run at 11fps at the least on average computers.

People these days that make fangames usually spend more money and time it seems on their games than Sonic Team/SEGA, even if the outcome sucks, it still has a better storyline then something spun off of Sonic Riders for the 10th time. SEGA needs to have a comment section to read over and for people to atleast make a blueprint of a game and send it to them, and they can work off it. As of now, the only thing good about the Sonic The Hedgehog series is that there's better graphics.

• 2 weeks later...
Not really. His voice had that Hanna-Barbera flair to it.

I still prefer the oldie Ryan Drummond over the new Jason whats-his-face or whatever. The older games had a better happy/fun atmosphere, and now the entire series is "GO HEAR" or "GO THAR" and "DUN FORGET TO GLITCH!!!11111oneoneone".

. First, Griffth's lines sound as dumb as hell, second of all, Sonic isn't supposed to be that serious. It's a blue speedy hedgehog, for fucks sake.

You mean to say Sonic's competitor, MARIO, has serious games? Take Mario Galaxy for example. It's a slow-paced exploration game not involving fighting some egg shaped villain with a whiny-ass voice. (although Bowser does the same)