A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Re: LIVE AND LEARN by Jun Senoue (Crush 40)

Rael0505

Today, Jun Senoue posted a video of him playing Live and Learn on guitar. I noticed he replied to a comment or two, so I figured if I would post a video response there's a good chance he'd watch it. So I did.

Copy/paste from the video description:

I had little interest in music for the first ten years of my life. But all of that changed when my friend introduced me to Sonic Adventure 2. I completely fell in love with the soundtrack, and loved Live and Learn the most, and today it is still among my favorite songs. The solo completely blew me away. I may not be playing guitar today if it weren't for Jun Senoue.

Please comment/rate.

What I said on YouTube.

Which is: This is among your best covers yet, although you cut the video short at the end, haha. Oops I guess. But seriously, really great work...you actually got some parts of the solo better than Jun himself did. Awesome stuff.

That's really quite good, I'm not musically incline however, so don't expect me to get more technical then that. Did your interest in music start with SA1 or 2 it says Sonic Adventure which would make me think its the first but it also says your favorite was live and learn. Personally I always liked Open Your Heart better, come to think of it I like all the music in SA1 better then its sequel the remixed themes were just not as good in my opinion.

I wouldn't say I did the solo better, I actually left out/halfassed a couple fast parts. And the usual timing errors I always make in my videos... But thanks a lot for the nice comment. <3

And Overbound, I did play Sonic Adventure first, but I never really paid attention to the music for some reason... Then I forgot about the game for a while. One day I asked him if we could play it again and he pulled out Sonic Adventure 2 instead, and I was obsessed with the music. I completely agree with you about though, all of the remixes in Adventure 2 were inferior. I still have to say I like Live and Learn more than Open Your Heart, although both are great.

I can actually play Open Your Heart. Maybe I'll make a video of that too sometime.

Jesus christ i love how Jun Senoue plays.

and also Jesus Christ Rael how the hell did you get so good so quick? I sware i almost remember when you announced that you started playing guitar, and it didnt seem that long ago...

I started in February of 2006, teaching myself at first... I dunno, if you're motivated, it's not that hard to get going. I don't think I'm any better than anyone else who has been playing for a couple years, although I do have the advantage of having years of piano experience before I started guitar.

Thanks a lot for the comments, guys. :aparty:

Rael, you're amazing. I remember your showing me little clips here and there as you were learning (I'm sure I still have some of them too, the pack rat I am...haha). Seriously, this is great, I can tell you've really been working on it. As many have said, if I was listening to this and Jun's version, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. Awesome job man =).

Rael, you're amazing. I remember your showing me little clips here and there as you were learning (I'm sure I still have some of them too, the pack rat I am...haha). Seriously, this is great, I can tell you've really been working on it. As many have said, if I was listening to this and Jun's version, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. Awesome job man =).

You still have those? I can barely remember even making them... that's cool though. Thanks for the compliment. :)

And Shadix, drifting will come after I buy new acoustic strings, because my current ones are like a decade old. I've actually never played an acoustic guitar with new strings in my entire life.