A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My attempt at a 3D Sonic Engine

kaos

Dude Bagjac would Spank your ass bare if he found out you were using his model AND animation without crediting him.

edit: Heres the model & animation you used and didnt give credit to Bagjac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtIzxG4YLI8

Heres a newer one you could use once you credit him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAkWvQ1AGO8&feature=related

Definitely an interesting engine. I find it rather easy to get from point A to point B with the current engine, which is definitely a benefit, but at the same time it lacks a major sense of speed. Experience shows you can't have both though, so if you don't feel like sacrificing control, that's fine.

The oddities with the slope engine are actually kinda cool. They remind me of an old game called "Airboarders 64." When you think about it, it's actually a bit more realistic. Running up a 90 degree incline before backflipping off is a skill many humans actually have, so it's not totally out of the realm of realism. Besides, I can see it adding interesting potential with level design based more around finding a path between points A and B than just clearing obstacle after obstacle. Of course, it's a completely different story if that's not what you're going for...

Oh my gosh!? That actually is you? Oh man, I'm so sorry. I figured you just typed adjectives for hideous into google image search until you found your avatar. Now that I know it's actually you, I feel kind of bad (for you).

No really though, I just don't like the face you are making. If nothing else, it makes you look like a jackass. Anyone can make themselves look like crap if they try... You could always just start using the one Cyberrat posted. A smile and some less freaky eyes do you a world of good.

Credit is given, check first post.(I forgot his name, thanks for reminding, spiderbyte.)

Yeah, as for the engine, I'm not spending too much time on it at the moment, but is is NOT a dropped project.

And as I've said before, I'm still learning Blitz3D and this engine is a test of what I can do so far. I'm learning as I go.

Hopefully, I'll get these problems sorted out in the future.

• 4 weeks later...