A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sage 2008 - UPDATED: PLEASE READ NOTICE.

sage.jpg

The booth registration for SAGE 2008 is now open!

Head over to http://sagexpo.org/registration/ and submit your booth!

Registration will go on until August 8th. Make sure to register on time!

While not necessary, it is highly recommended you provide a download URL for your current playable game build. Booths without playable builds will have limited functionality with the site's system to help make the good booths readily accessable. While this may sound harsh, we will have an appeal system all the way through the expo in which we can convert your booth to a fully functional one should you finish your build.

REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH THE 16TH OF AUGUST.

NOTICE: KEEP IN MIND THAT BOOTHS THAT ARE NOT ONLINE BY 16TH OF AUGUST WILL BE REMOVED.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated, I'll be offering hosting for whatever you need for SAGE, including as a mirror for your games.

Currently, I have 3 templates ready (or nearly ready) for you to use with more to come hopefully within the next week... If you would like one of these templates whether or not you want to use my hosting, just contact me via PM, email, or aim, or post it here.

You don't have to use the templates, as you get full FTP access...

ssbfalcon at gmail dot com

You'll get all the space you need. I can literally give 500MB per person if necessary... And you'll get a subdomain: yourchoiceofname.pnmhq.com and full FTP access...

So... templates so far - Keep in mind the first one is not complete (to my satisfaction anyway):

http://pnmhq.com/ssb/SAGE - This one features a dynamic gallery system. All you have to do is put your images in a folder and the booth takes care of the rest. This one is a bit more complicated to edit, but it's quite stylish...

There will be an alternate version using a coverflow like image gallery coming soon. Ask for that if you want it when you sign up for hosting...

http://pnmhq.com/ssb/SAGE2 - Simple, easy to edit template. Two color schemes currently: Deep Blue and Shadow the Hedgehog. But it's a very easy to edit template... Image gallery will be dynamic as well, and will also have a Coverflow gallery option.

All templates I create will be XHTML 1.0 Valid and CSS 2.1 Valid, and tested on IE, Opera, Safari, Firefox, and Konqueror.

If you have any questions or need any help with anything, Just send me a message...

* phoenix right *

QUESTION!

So - Would using my Main Freewebs site as my booth - and my 4shared.com account to actually host the download be acceptible?

Also - Could you please explain this "appeal system" and how it works to convert your booth to a 'full booth' upon completion of the final game build?

I like others, will probally not have everything finished until a day or so Before SAGE and want to make sure everything will be setup okay by opening.

The main reason we'd be careful with freewebs is that SAGE normally gets a ridiculous amount of traffic. Even with downloads offsite... You wouldn't want your booth to become inaccessible, especially if your game becomes super popular... I'm not sure how their bandwidth limits are now, but be sure to keep an eye on it... SAGE gets thousands of hits... And those past stats were only unique visitors... There are some who visit multiple times especially if they like your stuff...

Does the 4shared account have one of those download timer thingies? If it does, then you could just use my mirror offer as the main download. It's a more clean way of doing it...

The main reason we'd be careful with freewebs is that SAGE normally gets a ridiculous amount of traffic. Even with downloads offsite... You wouldn't want your booth to become inaccessible, especially if your game becomes super popular... I'm not sure how their bandwidth limits are now, but be sure to keep an eye on it... SAGE gets thousands of hits... And those past stats were only unique visitors... There are some who visit multiple times especially if they like your stuff...

Does the 4shared account have one of those download timer thingies? If it does, then you could just use my mirror offer as the main download. It's a more clean way of doing it...

Ahh - I didn't think of that, Last year My Booth wasn't realy the most popular... XD

-> I'll use one of your templates then... as my booth...

4shareds only download limitations is about 5 downloads AT ONCE... and you have to wait about 5 seconds before the download link appears... Other than that, the file's downloads are tracked (something I'd like to know so I can judge how popular it is...) However, just to air on the side of caution... I think I'll take up the offer of using your mirror as the main download.

*nods*

Any info on this Appeal System though? If I were to register today and didn't have my games ready until towards the end of the week - would everything still be okay?

Your freewebs site is pretty nice... If you want, we could base your booth off of it, unless you really like the templates I threw... I mean spent a lot of time working on...

^_^

If you would do that for me - I'd be soooo happy...

-> And don't discredit yourself - your booth templates are Nice - very efficient yet flexible. some more polish here and there from user input and they'll look even better.

I have a website made and all(pff template), I just need to post my download link.

I do not want to post the download link on the booth website yet because I'm currently adding things to it. Hopefully 110mb websites are allowed. Anyway here is my 320 x 240 booth logo.

BoothLogo.jpg

(making it 30kb required me to change the formate to gif on the registration)

Also I see on the Sage topic that mine does not have screenshots for it, since I didnt really post any. Well here is 2

341.png

sa.png

After August 8th am I allowed to update the download link?( Since I'm sure a on that weekend and etc, I'd have plenty of time to add some more things)

Guest Shadix
After August 8th am I allowed to update the download link?( Since I'm sure a on that weekend and etc, I'd have plenty of time to add some more things)

yes.

wait you just wanted the current version download link right? Cause the one I use for my new Sage Demo will be different.
Just make sure you update it before SAGE starts.

Yea, that's good. I think we all are in the same boat (generally speaking). I mean, a lot of development changes can be done within a week and a half.

And I believe I'll register my booth on the 7th (everything is nearly complete). You know what they say, you shouldn't wait till the last minute... so wait till the minute before the last minute. =P

I have been approached to make a promo video for TSS' Summer of Sonic. It's their huge Sonic convention where they get to play Chronicles and Unleashed early or some shit. I was going to go, but I decided to work on Nexus instead back here in fuckin' AMERICA.

The video will be on loop all day, with a few other videos, on many HDTVs floating around the convention hall.

With my TSS front page coverage, TSSZ copying my TSS front page coverage, and this thread scattered across the internet, SAGE 08 is going to be fucking killer.