A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Video Editing Programs

Does anyone know of any good programs for editing videos, other than Windows Movie Maker, because it crashed on me every time I try to make a movie from captured video files. When I searched google, but everyone keeps saying that Windows Movie Maker is the best one, but I can't get it to not crash on me.:mad: So are there any better programs out there. Thanks.

Post-production

After the presentation has been captured, the presenter is able to revise it by cutting and/or pasting different parts, as needed. In addition, the presenter is also able to overlay their voice, as well as sound effects or music onto the presentation. Camtasia allows audio recording while screen-capturing is in progress, so the presenter can narrate the demonstration as it is carried out. Most presenters, however, prefer to wait until they have finished the screen-capture, and then record the narration from a script as the application is playing back the recorded capture.

It's not unusual for a program to be able to do multiple things.

Anyway, I use Ulead Video Studios, as it came with some VHS-to-computer equipment I bought. I don't remember how much it cost, but the whole package was pretty cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

I use VirtualDub. It's quite hard to get used to, but it works nicely.

There's also a version called VirtualDubMod, which has more stuff. Just search for it, it's free.

Decent: Windows Movie Maker (Free)

Decent? You gotta be joking... :P

Decent? You gotta be joking... :P

No, I'm really not. You can organize multiple clips in an easy-to-use interface, overlay your own music, and add transitions between clips. That's a hell of a lot more than you can say for VirtualDub.

I use WMM more often than not to do the videos I post on Moddb for TFH because I don't feel like opening Vegas (takes too long).

Power Hedgehog: Yeah, sorry to bring it up again. Even though you seem to like Vegas, maybe there was a way to re-install WMM?

Yeah, well, for starting on video-editing, not bad =\

Still, it can become a pain as time passes.

Aside from a 'format & reinstall' method, I think you can reinstall WMM with the Control Panel applet 'Add or Remove Programs'. There's an option called 'Add or remove Windows Components'. It'll ask for the installation CD.

You can also add stuff like the games, or accessories like Paint and Wordpad.

would you say sony vegas or adobe after effects? i've been looking into this myself recently, but i must say the interface on after effects isn't the most user friendly for those trying to get to grips with it

Neither was Vegas at first. It took a lot of poking around for me to figure out how to do certain effects, but once I did, I could do some