A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I Was In A Car Crash

Huepow00

I'm glad you are here to be able to tell us this. That is quite dangerous. I never liked cars, not because of how dangerous is to drive, but how dangerous is some people who drives in the same road as you. I hope you are completely ok ^^.

Good to see you're alive and kickin'. Although being hit by a beer truck... I know there's something comedic about it, just can't put my finger on it.

EDIT: yes, I know car crashes and near-death situations aren't funny.

No Furry jokes in this thread. ..xD

Damnit. And here I was about to say something about his animal empathy and rabbits.

As for suing, he won't get much unless he got hurt. That's the way it is. You will probably get enough money to repair/replace the car depending on how extensive the damages are, but unless you have an injury, "traumatic experiences" really don't fetch much... if anything in the way of cash.

Actually Huepow should be lucky that hes not having charges pressed on him.

1) Its generally common knowledge that most trucks pulling large trailers need to use the left lane to make a rather wide left turn. Hell, the message is usually on the back of the truck.

2) News reports state that car collided with truck, not the other way around.

3) The only way that said situation could have happened was if someone got impatient and tried to pass the truck by going through the parking lane.

4) I had to provide witness on something very similar to this before.

glad you're alright and all Huepow, but please don't try to place all the blame on the other guy. I tried that with my car accident, doesn't help.

Serephim Glad you're allright dude. Most crashes with vehicles that huge usually end ALOT worse. No Furry jokes in this thread. ..xD
Hey I can handle a few furry jokes - I'm not completely in pain...anymore.

-> Dunno what will be done about suing... The only reason I was hurt is because the airbag deployed and exploded into my chest and face...

DimensionWarped Damnit. And here I was about to say something about his animal empathy and rabbits.
Go for it.

@ ila I'm aware of the wide-right-turn they are allowed to make. -> The responsibility for knowing this is possible and being cautious near these large trucks is my responsibility...

However.

My location at the time the truck made its turn was literally right behind the truck (in my own lane)

-> Never even saw him signal.

-> There were 3 newsstations that covered the accident - I could only find the audio from the 1... they didn't have much of a story compared to the one right next to my work (very close by where this happened) which actually bothered to mention the truck making the right turn from the left lane.

-> Yes I did hit the truck - but from what a CHP officer said about the crash from 1 of these photos - if I had hit the Trailer, or hit from behind - it would be my fault. but the fact that I hit the fuletank and the angle of his cab throws a lot of it on the other driver.

-> Again, We won't know until monday-ish... I'm hoping for the best.

-> And no serious injuries, just lotsa pain in my chest,neck,wrists,and waist.

Ila: I dunno, man. He probably didn't have his signal on. On the seventh picture, his truck is all the way by the end of the curb, there. And I doubt it's the case that Hue's car pushed his truck. Assuming he's trying to turn into whatever that place is, there, it looks more like he turned a bit too late- and therefore most likely didn't have his signal on. Otherwise I see no reason for his turn being lined up to drive over that curb there, it's a rather large driveway. Hardly looks like Hue's fault, imo.

I was involved in something similar. I was biking in Savannah and made a left turn into the right lane (it'd be stupid to turn into the left "fast" lane, on a bike). The van that was behind me turns into the left lane, and then starts to get into my lane, or so it appears, then, they turn hard right (crossing over my lane in front of me) and slow up as they're going over the curb. I'm three feet away. Bike brakes fail in that situation (also, since they had cut me off unexpectedly I was pedaling rather fast). I hit the brakes but obviously can't come to a full stop on a street with cars behind me who have, effectively, also been cut off. I lose some speed, but my bike skids forward. I lean right, trying not to completely smash and slide along the side of the van (scratching it up like heck). I don't fall, so I look at their van and decide to just bike away. :P

Point being that no one in their right mind simply slams into a car turning in front of them unless they're not paying attention or are idiots and try to speed up. However, if I had sped up, I wouldn't of managed to stay on the bike- it'd of been a lot worse. Just judging by where his truck is in the turn, It seems like he turned late and Hue drove into him. Rather than any sort of "I'll beat this guy to the punch" thing.