A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ashura: Dark Reign (3D)

Xaklse

the only way one of us could "save sega" is playing segagaga, the sega simulator

It's only for Dreamcast, right? D:

Heh, seems that Sega was predicting the future when they made that.

Back on the mod, this is pretty darn awesome. I love UT2004 mods. Are there any other Sonic mods for it?

Might I suggest increasing the texture resolution? Work on the animations, the models are fairly decent. Overall, you're off to a great start.

As for the Sega bashing, seriously guys. If Sega's such a devil, why are you all on a website dedicated to making games about Sega's mascot? Why do you still play their games?

And that's the gamers' fault for worrying about things like graphics and physics engines. Fun factor's not a part of gaming so much as "realism" is. It's the decline of gaming, and to stay in the competition, Sega's gonna have to follow.

Don't put us above SEGA or Sonic Team, as I wrote in the readme file.

Of course it feels good to know that most people enjoyed this Tech Demo.

I get this error when try to load a test map within the editor.

By the way, I don't suppose there's a way for sonic to use vehicles, is there?

Are you trying to play the map directly through the editor? Not a good idea.

Eons ago vehicles worked; you could try. I think you have to use vehicle factories.

Are there any other Sonic mods for it?
Nope.

If you already know there's a sticky, then don't bother asking the question. Xaklse obviously wasn't against the rule or anything, and was just backing it up with his own statement regarding it. DW already mentioned it being against our rules anyhow.

Also Shane's avatar needs a better silhouette; lighting is just terrible. =[

Unfortunately the Sonic model is incomplete, needs more bones and thus the animations will be redone. And the modeller says there are lots of other more important things to do.

If you want to finish the model and create new anims let me know; otherwise, thanks for your offer.

• 3 weeks later...

Played your mod and must say that it is the best fangame I ever played. Better then mine or any other I've seen so far. Even though it's full of bugs, it has something that I haven't seen in any other fangame. It has atmosphere. And also it arouses the desire to explore levels because they are beautiful and well-built. Also it has very well-made engine and controls.

But still bugs annoy me very much. In fact I didn't manage to finish the demo. I achieved the boss and he always kills me. I noticed that more the half of problems could be easily fixed. Your mod has 3 major problems.

First are enemies. They are too cruel. You should fix their mechanics to make them easier. Also they are very hard to notice. You should color them in bright colors. The same about spikes, they should be white IMO.

Second problem are springs. You should make them precise. I mean that when you jump onto spring it should send you exactly where you should land, so I mustn't press buttons while I'm in midair. To understand what I mean just remember the end of north island act 2 where you spring up to the treetop.

The third one is object placement. Not often but sometimes the placent of harmful objects is very bad. In fact you can not know about danger and get damaged buy suddenly appeared spikes or badnik.

I beleave that these problems are not hard to fix and hope you'll fix them in next release. If you wish I can make a full list of things that should be fixed with explanation and screenshots. Your mod is great, no I mean really GREAT and I hope you will not leave it. Rep up

P.S. When marble zone will be finished? It looks great.

Many thanks, this kind of feedback is great.

Enemies are difficult, this way players are forced to think how to beat them properly. This is a short demo so we had to make it hard and added secrets. Badniks aren't polished though and they need a new skin; the current skins are placeholders.

Springs are precise, you don't have to press any button while in midair. Check the public videos, I didn't press any button. There is an exception: the place where you get a life; we did it on purpose.

Object placement could be better, not an easy task.

Due to lack of community support, the multiplayer modes are on hold until further notice.

Marble Zone is an unfinished map intended for a multiplayer mode so I'm afraid you'll never get it.

Vote for us for the mod of the year awards!! >> HERE

But still badniks are too hard. For example crab-bot has an unavoidaple attack or it's almost impossible to kill bombshooting badnik without getting hit.

Also you should increase the size of platforms. I just can't complete the lilly pad area (i just jump over the swamp instead) and I often fall off the clouds.

P.S. I've read that you are going to move from UT2004 to U3. Is that so easy?

Badniks aren't polished, and there will be other versions of the crab for the first levels (different attacks/model).

You mean that platforms which prevent you from getting killed should be bigger, ok.

Changing from UT2004 to UT3 is "easy", it would take a lot of time though. We're focusing on the UT2004 version now.

• 4 weeks later...

Okaaayy... I know I got all the expansion packs and stuff but when I start the game I get a logo of Ashura for a split second and then this message pops up...

"Your CD key appears to be invalid. You need to reinstall the game and enter your CD key to fix this problem"

My guess is it's because I downloaded the demo of UT2004 and redirected everything... cause I don't know where I can get the full game, without using an actual disk. Ugh going to have to wait for snail mail... The official site doesn't even have a way to purchase it (at least i couldn't find it). These guys need to make, like, a standalone .exc. I'm putting way to much time into this.