A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Frenzy Adventure: Sprite test- More characters in progress.

I had to do this myself, and remember that I have no spritting skills, so don't be excessively harsh with me.

I want people to tell me what do they think before i continue with the other frames.

SFA is going to have new sprites, and this is the first try.

They are sonic 3 edits. The shape has been modified and the colour quality increased. Sonic has a purpleish colour in order to remember the sonic 1/cd sprite.

But now, tell me what you think about.

charasgs4.png

UPDATE:

chasr2jv4.png

post-107-138639762036_thumb.jpg

He probably doesn't like the character design.

Anyway, I think it looks okay. There seems to be a bulge under his right hand though; maybe make the black line there a lighter color, or don't "complete" it so that's it's doesn't connect one side of the leg to the other.

Are you going to draw the girl as well, or have you just not started on her yet?

Tails' hands don't fit in with his new height. Knuckles' dreadlocks curve inward too much. And why does the fancharacter have pupils in the sprite, but not the 3D model?

Let me say, though, that I am glad you aren't using that ugly Sonic sprite anymore.

I think the only real problem with Darkspeed is that his glowy design across his face is too close to the white in his eyes and just looks....strange I guess. His character design is just fine if you ask me though.

Great sprite edits btw. =]

Edit: Two suggestions for Tails:

1) His feet seem kinda wide and spread out; I'm pretty sure that if Tails is smaller than the others, his feet won't be as big as theirs. =P

2) Tails seems rather bright; perhaps giving him a bit of a darker shade ( not including the darkest fur color necessarily ) should help improve his image in comparison to the other sprites.

Edit2: Not a problem what-so-ever, but I'm just gonna say that all the shades of color you gave Darkspeed will make it troublesome to do the rest of his animation set. If you can eliminate some shades of color while still keeping the same appearance, go for it.

Darkspeed idea and art are cool, but those sprite of him is really ugly.

He looks rather fat there. I also dislike his standing pose, mabe you should use some custom pose then sonic pose. I'd propose to make his hands omitted.

ZFG, i cannot notice what you did :P

Actually, tails sprite is unfinished. I have to work on chest and for sure he needs colour fixes. Also knuckles should have darker shadings.

LarkSS, tails has the same size of the sprite in sonic 3. I just moved his left show to make it look more/less to the player, to look symilar to the other characters.

Also, making him darker will do worse, since brightness should be more noticeable. What I can do is ro make smaller or remove the lighter colour.

Spike, could you tell me how to improve tails hands?. The reason of the Kuckles head is to make him to look more "square head". I hope people don't dislike the new looking. But i can remove a small part in the front of the head.

Slingerland, tails's tails are a sprite appart, but i am sure you know it :P

Rael, can you tell me please? I need to know for fixing xD

Tweaker, i just did small edits, never did something this big.

USC, yeah, i am going to work on the girl too, and maybe a standing pose for Amy on cutscenes.

Actually, I would like you to help me on fixing Darkspeed. It is quite hard to work on such a character, since he has 3 sections on legs instead 2.

Any stick drawing for a standing pose should be great for helping me.

Thanks everybody and i am waiting for your responses.

Spike, could you tell me how to improve tails hands?. The reason of the Kuckles head is to make him to look more "square head". I hope people don't dislike the new looking. But i can remove a small part in the front of the head.

Well, I think that Tails should have bent elbows and clenched fists like the other characters now that his sprite is tall enough to have them.

Ok, i will try to work on hands, but that'd mean make hands larger.

I see, ZFG, but it is supossed that DS has a very strong legs. It doesn't seem that strong with thin legs. I will try to fix it a bit, but i still think that the problem is not there.

actually, i think the main problem is that Darkspeed is very simple, and the center of his body is empty. Any idea to improve that point will be welcome.

chasr2jv4.png

Little update with some more work.

And, also, remember. This game has classic gameplay, and classic style, but the enviroment is modern and updated (not new school neither, something just different and custom).

I never thought a hedgehog girl was going to give me that many problems.

• Like 1