A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The adventures of Duckboy and the car accident

Duckboy

So I was driving home from a friend's house, and I go through a light, and a car who was turning left on the opposite side didn't wait for me to get through the light.

part1ow0.png

I was in my mom's bigass suburban with not so great brakes and everything, so I tried to swerve out of the way and hit my brake, but that didn't work as the car slammed into the side of me.

part2vk8.png

part3bd2.png

So the car hits and it hits HARD. The airbag flies out. Anyone that has been in a car accident can tell you that the airbag hurts more than the crash itself and that's completely true. It hurt like a bitch and burnt my hand a tiny bit (not bad. the kind of burn if you accidentally touch the stove when you're cooking something).

So i get out of the car, shaking like whoa cause it's terrifying, and then I run back and turn the car off and find my phone. My mom's truck, the entire left side is pretty banged up, but the OTHER person's car. Holy cow. The entire front of his car is fucked. up.

After much talking with cops and all that jazz, and after filling out a statement, one of the cops explains to me that:

The kid that was driving the other car was 18

He was "under the influence" and after talking with the kid and his friend beforehand I assume they were high on top of being drunk.

He got his liscense taken away, and his parents showed up so I'm sure that kid is in for a world of misery.

End of the night though I'm allright.

tldr version: some punk teenager ran into me so i beat him up

Of course he was ok. He was riding around in a car so big and powerful that it could only be the Chevrolet Suburban. Weighing in at over 1000 pounds, you know that whatever hits you, you hit it back with the same force a hell of a lot harder. The only car in its class to have been used by Tony Soprano, you know this car is invincible.

*cash in*

Guest Shadix
Yeah, yeah. It's just that I hate drinking. Well...drinking too much.

I wasn't condoning reckless drinking. I'm just saying there is nothing wrong with it if you actually drink responsibly.

Sorry to hear about the accident, DB! At least it’s pretty clear what happened.

[edit: snip]

Using chemicals for thrills just ain’t my thing, personally. I got a buzz from Oxycontin once (had a prescription; got my third molars out). The experience made me turn to other painkillers for the rest of the recovery – I want less pain, not a perception of reality that’s considerably more distorted than normal.

Edited by BRPXQZME
Too morbid. Too... argumentative.

Using chemicals for thrills just ain’t my thing, personally. I got a buzz from Oxycontin once (had a prescription; got my third molars out). The experience made me turn to other painkillers for the rest of the recovery – I want less pain, not a perception of reality that’s considerably more distorted than normal.

They put me on that shit once for my wisdom teeth. I seriously lost track of time by almost 9 hours. It was day when I took it and I was flipping out nearly 9 hours later because, as I told my friends, "I don't remember seeing the sun go down..."

Anyway, good to hear you're in one piece DB. I got in a wreck at a crosswalk outside of an elementary school once, of all places. Some punkass teenager was "looking for [his] ipod" and didn't see me stopped at the crosswalk while I was waiting for some kids to cross. He would have seriously been in some deep shit if he had pushed me hard enough into those kids, but they were alright.

Something like this almost happened to me today. It was some middle aged guy and he followed behind me for about a minute honking. I pulled over, pissed because he basically almost hit me and now he is begging for a fight.

He pulls up into a parking lot and I follow him. I waited for him to come out or do something, but instead he just sat a stared at me hard. I stared back and after a while, I just drove off. I hope he isn't crazy enough that he wrote down my license and is planning to hunt me down.

Seriously, what is wrong with some people, I am still pissed because I didn't do anything wrong and yet he acted like it was all my fault. Trust me, we were both at the light waiting and it turned green. So, I went straight and he almost turned into me.

Is there anyway that I could get a camera footage from the light and pwn this guy hard....