A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mario Kart Wii

shadowgoten

So the reviews have been pouring in for this game and it's actually been pretty much the same stating that the online mode in this game actually tops the single player mode. The online mode is so fast and smooth at a great 60fps if you're playing by yourself on the wii and 30fps with multiple players.

The game comes out sunday, and I'm already hearing talks of some stores midnight releasing that shiznit. So I'm pretty excited about getting it and tearing up the game.

The game also actually has the option to load up a channel onto your wii menu that you can monitor online activity across the world, check stats, ghost times, leaderboards etc., it's pretty nuts, and you can even jump into a game with your friends or at random through that menu which is always a plus.

The only real complaints I'm seeing so far is how brutal the rubberband AI is in 150cc mode, which I'm pretty much used to after playing double dash and DS. But this is apparantly the most brutal the AI has ever been, I'm looking forward to getting 4 blueshelled while about to cross the finish line on lap 3.

So who plans on getting the game Sunday? I want to hit the online mode all day Sunday.

Im good at mario kart, but not nearly as good as some of my friends, unlike in brawl where im one of the top players.

One of my friends actually let me and 3 others get a headstart in the DK Mountian stage in Double Dash of a full lap, and still ended up beating us. I have YET to beat him in a mario kart DS match.

Nintendo is really anal about not fixing what isnt broken. Thats why i cant stand the pokemon series anymore. They are boring as fuck.

Out of everything Mario Kart Wii has to offer, all i REALLY wanted was a graphical upgrade. Thats all it really needed, that and a few new maps. I wanted some neat filter effects while hitting top speed, and i wanted a nice draw distance while flipping past a huge stage full of trees and road paths.

Im tired of playing Wii games that look like Gamecube games. But it doesnt matter, this game is going to rock anyway.

It would be awesome if the Pokemon games all past and present generations were made all into one wii game where you can travel through each region and not have to have all cartridges to git whatever pokemon and control the Pokemon like you do in brawl (lol) and you can assign their 4 special moves to B like in brawl(lol) and the A moves are standard attacks like punches and kicks and shit. Having a dynamic pokemon game would be fucking incredible. O yeah, go Mario kart.

I used "and" many times. Tasty.

Nintendo = Rehash King. Same Mario Kart, same Zelda puzzles, same Mario stars, same Pokemonz, and same Fire Emblem.

The difference between them and Capcom is that Capcom releases sequels every week instead of every 3

Also, I just realized that my avatar looks like he's shouting my posts. That's funny. I guess I'm just too ZETTA SLOW!!!

I dunno...I think new levels is enough content to warrant a purchase. I don't know what you guys are expecting from mario kart, first everyone cries about them trying too much with adding the co-op carts and shit, and now this. We get a plethora of levels, new items, no snaking, motorcycles, tricks, a working KICKASS online mode and still we bitch. So what if the graphics aren't up to jesus standards, the game runs solid as hell, 60 FPS at all times is nothing to scoff at when playing online.

It's fucking MARIO KART guys not gran tourismo or forza fucking motersport. This is a game you bust out when all your buds are over to kick their asses in glorious kart racing battle.

As I stated, the main problem I have with Mario Kart is its need to make anyone in last place feel like they stand a chance by giving them a goddamn blue shell every 3 seconds. You're basically punished for being in first place by only getting banana peels and targeted by every weapon every other player has. At least give the first place guy a triple green once in a while. that said I'll probably buy the game anyway.