A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Stage sign help.

Hey gang,

Does anybody know to make the stage sign at the end of each act spin while it's up in the air? (Sonic GG style). Right now, I use the path movement and I have the events down for randomizing the sign (to see if the sign will show, Robotnik, Tails, Sonic, etc.) I'm using TGF and should I use another movement for the sign instead of path movement?

Personally, I used static for the sign. It makes it fall realisticly instead of rising and falling at the same speed.

Anyway, when it lands, just set its alterable value A or whatever to a random value, and the animation it changes to when it lands depends on the random value.

I didn't understand how Rael explained it so I'm going to throw in my opinion anyway.

First, allocate 0, 1, 2, 3 for different people on the sign (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, whatever) and then, when Sonic hits the sign, generate a random value in an alterable value, which you're already doing. Now, when the sign is in the air (ie: moving) set its animation to the spinning one. Then, when it hits the ground, change its animation to whatever the Alterable value says. If you still don't get it, I'm sure Rael can whip up a quick tutorial (I don't have MMF or CnC anymore.)

• 2 weeks later...

Rael, why the heck did you give an MMF file to a TGF user? You should've read the first post.

Hey gang,

Does anybody know to make the stage sign at the end of each act spin while it's up in the air? (Sonic GG style). Right now, I use the path movement and I have the events down for randomizing the sign (to see if the sign will show, Robotnik, Tails, Sonic, etc.) I'm using TGF and should I use another movement for the sign instead of path movement?

God dammit, should've paid attention. Gimme a few minutes and I'll remake it in TGF.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Ugh, I have no idea what's wrong, but the sign doesn't go up when Sonic hits it. I've played with it for a couple hours and now I'm sick of it. The events are exactly the same as the MMF version. If anyone wants to mess with it and figure out what's wrong, be my guest.

http://www.rael0505.com/download/endoflevelsign.gam

The only problem with that is that when the sign hits the ground, it's "dug" into the ground due to the jumpiness of MMF's object positioning. I suggest having a "push out" action repositioning the sign at the correct height when the sign hits the ground.

And Rael? TGF doesn't support negative values in counters so when the event "Subtract 6 from counter" initiates, it tries to subtract 6 from 0 but since it can't go lower than 0, it stays at zero, which is why it never leaves the ground.

Either that or you didn't set the counter's minimum values right. I haven't used TGF in a LOOOOONG time...

Okay, I just found out today that there was a free update for TGF on Clickteam so now I can finally open .gam files with TGF.

First off, TGF can read negative numbers as long as the minimum is set below zero, which Rael didn't do. The other problem was it was adding 1 to the sign when it was off the ground while it was sitting there. You should've put only to do that when the sign value equals 1. I did those two things and it started working perfectly. Just for show, here's the link to Rael's tutorial with my changes and comments within the events.