A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Amys Baddie Bopping Bonanza

Yousorrymon

Pretty cool.

I would suggest making them change animations or something when you hit them, as it's kinda hard to tell at this point.

Some of them do.

They used to rotate. But I turned the rotate off. And started replacing the enemies with stuff I could find bits of animations for. I didn't do it for robotnik or the crab guy. But sonic and the fish have animations when you hit them

I'm sorry, but this has to be one of the weakest renditions of whack-a-mole I've ever played. There is virtually no confirmation that you've made the hit, no cheap carnival music, no impact noise whatsoever, minimalistic animations that for the most part completely leave you wondering whether or not you've done anything, and generally nothing of interest.

Fix those things. All of them. Then you might have a whackamole game. probably not though since you are using Genesis sprites on a board that doesn't resemble something that should be on Genesis.

6.2 megabytes for a 30 second game? For shame!

Well, the polish is better, particularly how you have the impact graphics now. You should probably use a different impact noise for high-point value enemies (Robotnik) and for your subtracter.

The next thing you should do is spice things up a bit. Do something like where if you hit 5 Robotniks in a row you get a fever mode where shit pops out faster.

I think it's awesome. It would make a great bonus stage.

You could occasionally make an item box come out or something with short but helpful effects. Such as slowing them down, or making the points double for the next 10 seconds. There could also be unhelpful item boxes to avoid. They would come less often than the enemies, of course. You could also add different levels.

Like DW said, there needs to be more confirmation that you hit the enemy. Make the enemy explode or something when you hit it, and when you hit Robotnik, change to his facial expression.

Keep up the good work!