A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

DS Guitar Hero - Shit's effed up

Slingerland

1205858246814.jpg

Click the image for more pictures and the story.

So...is this like...accordion hero or something? I cannot fathom how I would play with such a peripheral. What are your thoughts on this latest development?

(Brad does not play GH ever, but saw this monstrosity of a peripheral and thought it'd be cool to discuss.)

I don't know what I hate most:

A) The fact that this game might not be lefty friendly for me

B) The stupid guitar duels. Blow into the mic to put your flames out! Sign autographs to get fans out of the way! It's 2006 all over again, and I'm blowing into my mic to make Diddy start his fucking hovercraft. INNOVASHUN!

C) The guitar pick stylus. Oh wow it's like playing a guitar, except there are no strings and I'm just rubbing this plastic thing against a scratchy surface.

D) The actors in the goddamn trailer. Goddamnit.

The only way this can be sillier is if they actually include a whammy bar.

grow some balls, play right handed like a real man.

but seriously, isn't the whole point of guitar hero supposed to be it's simulating playing a real guitar? how is that supposed to be playing a guitar in any shape or form? they might as well made a rythym game using the touch screen, rather than going through all the trouble of making a pointless peripheral and slapping 'guitar hero' on it and making loads of money of dribbling idoits who think it's a great idea. oh wait

Thing about the "most lefties can't drive stick" is that don't they have plenty of stick on places where they drive on the left side of the road? Sure it'd take a while for me to get used to the left-hand, but I think I could do it.

Also, I cannot envision how to play this thing even holding the DS in my hands right now.

Guest Shadix
You don't even drive, Sereph.

Also, I can drive stick shifts. Suck it.

EDIT: I just realized On Tour is lacking a button. GHDS=Normal Mode.

I'm pretty sure he's flat out told me he can't drive.

Thing about the "most lefties can't drive stick" is that don't they have plenty of stick on places where they drive on the left side of the road? Sure it'd take a while for me to get used to the left-hand, but I think I could do it.

Also, I cannot envision how to play this thing even holding the DS in my hands right now.

lefties can play this upside down, heheheh

Saw the trailer and read the article on IGN. I'll have to read some reviews first, but I think this game has some potential. As for the trailer, I would have hated it if it weren't for the fact that I wanted to fuck the shit out of that girl. Blowing into the mic sounds very gimmicky to me. I'll be watching this one though.