A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Blue Storm Demo + New engine video

Sponick

I believe you're actually able to ring dash any trail of rings in a few of the official games- SA2 comes to mind. I think that if you're dumb enough to ring dash and send yourself into a pit, then that's on you. Now, if it's way to easy to be able to fly into a pit, perhaps by having the LSD button the same as jumping or some other command, then it's a problem.

I liked how it worked in Sonic Next. You could do it on any rings, but you had to position yourself PERFECTLY, so there was practically no change of it sending you backwards or in the wrong direction.

thanks Turbox, pleased to see you here xD. Yes, I know, the moving platforms need some improvements (a lot, really) working on that

EDIT:

Speed lines finally removed. Don't look good in any case.

I added some hud changues too and removed the stage ending system of the engine. I want to remove as many original things of the zx engine as possible.

Screens soon

• 1 month later...

Sky could use some recoloring, maybe some more dark orange/purple at the top of the sky.

Really though... I would say you could get away with reusing backgrounds if you gave the level new gimmicks and stuff. As long as the level doesn't play like the original level did, it's okay to reuse graphics. You can recolor your level so it's a sunset and call it a day.

Don't say that I have to modify the tiles please...I did a big effort to make it look right.

Really though... I would say you could get away with reusing backgrounds if you gave the level new gimmicks and stuff. As long as the level doesn't play like the original level did, it's okay to reuse graphics. You can recolor your level so it's a sunset and call it a day.

Ok!!! :thumbup:

Modified the ring dash system and after a few expiriments I can say that this new system have 0 bugs. I'm sure!

Also, I've just picked ringloss in the engine. Works nice!! xD But It's not configured the hurt animation yet.

When I finish this animation, I will finish the level layout and release a new demo.

I don't make another levels after finish the engine at 100%.

Thanks, bye!

Actually, I have to say, your English isn't bad at all. In fact, if you don't mind me saying so, I only found one actual grammatical mistake that wasn't a typo or just normal speech type stuff.

The contraction "it's" can only be used for the linking verb form of is. So instead of saying "Here it's", you need to say "here it is".

But yeah, that aside, your English is rather impressive for a secondary language. Much, much better than my German.

Anyway, I have to agree with Ironrind that the tiles need work. Actually though, it depends on the scope of your game. If you aren't out to make something totally mindblowing (some of us probably think too grand for our own good... myself not only included but included in excess), then you don't really need to worry about it too much. It's better that you just try to improve over time. Develop your skills and make your game.

Welcome to SFGHQ.

Actually, I have to say, your English isn't bad at all. In fact, if you don't mind me saying so, I only found one actual grammatical mistake that wasn't a typo or just normal speech type stuff.

The contraction "it's" can only be used for the linking verb form of is. So instead of saying "Here it's", you need to say "here it is".

But yeah, that aside, your English is rather impressive for a secondary language. Much, much better than my German.

Anyway, I have to agree with Ironrind that the tiles need work. Actually though, it depends on the scope of your game. If you aren't out to make something totally mindblowing (some of us probably think too grand for our own good... myself not only included but included in excess), then you don't really need to worry about it too much. It's better that you just try to improve over time. Develop your skills and make your game.

Welcome to SFGHQ.

I have no enough skills to make good tiles. Remember the previous posts, everyone said that my tiles...don't look righ. Finally and after think a lot, I've decided to use ripped tiles, because it was the only way to make the game look nice. If someday I get enough ability to make the tiles, I will make the tiles xDD but not at the moment.

Thanks DimensionWarped for all your advises and for your gramatical correction!!

And about my english...thanks ..but really....I don't think so xDD notice that I only write in this post. If I not write in the others is because I don't understand all and I got lost and then I don't know what to say.

thanks again bye

I had problems with the ringloss collisions. The system was working nice, but the ring movement was... weird. Because of this, I decided to pick the ringloss system made by Damizean (a really awesome system xDD). I'm disapointed with myself to pick the system of another person, but I want to make de ultimate sonic engine (and I'm not in the wrong way) and if I need help to do this...

well...The engine improved seriously!! Now, have a nice grinding stuff (by me!), but I have to make it work with the layers, for avoid problems.

Also added shields (normal and invencible).Most of you will tink that sonic zx engine already have them...yeah, but I reworked on the code for a correct working.

And perfect platform movement!!! With no collision when you are jumping. Only when you are falling!! xDD

Words...words...and more words. I know: new engine video coming soon!

New HUD, perfect ringloss, working normal shield, sonic horizontal movement adapted to platforms that you collisde only when falling,grinding...something more?

And now, also added invincible shield, grinding layering and an improved (yes, more) homing attack. Now a collision line checks if there's a wall between sonic and the object before execute it.

What's next? Death system, bumpers and a engine releasing.