A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Who wants a ton of Sonic Prototypes?

Quexinos

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. I just don't get the fangasming over shit we already knew. Or even unused sprites for that matter.

Frankly, yeah, there have been a couple interesting things in Betas. I wouldn't spend 5 bucks to learn of any hundred of them... and yet I see people pawning them off for thousands.

...and what do you hope to gain by telling us this other than starting a futile argument over whether or not we should care about these prototypes?

I know, I know, I did EXACTLY what you are doing in the smash topic, but that neither justifies what either of us have\are doing. Call it me learning a lesson through my own stupidity, but this really has no place here, and all you are effectively doing is being a troll to those who are excited about this.

Edit: After rescanning the topic, this post is directed at Fuzz too.

...and what do you hope to gain by telling us this other than starting a futile argument over whether or not we should care about these prototypes?

I know, I know, I did EXACTLY what you are doing in the smash topic, but that neither justifies what either of us have\are doing. Call it me learning a lesson through my own stupidity, but this really has no place here, and all you are effectively doing is being a troll to those who are excited about this.

Do I need to gain something from everything I say? Is it not enough that I simply say what comes to mind? I've never been one to limit my words solely to that which gains me something.

Is it really trolling to confess disinterest in something that people are acting over-excited to the point of absurdity with? I don't think so. Last I checked, trolling is behavior solely intended to annoy planned out well in advance... not behavior that simply comes naturally. Oddly enough, the word doesn't come from mythical monsters, but rather from fishing.

Yeah, prototypes are a goldmine for fangaming ideas and inspiration.

which is so nice given the completion rate.

there's a fine line between calling you a fucking idiot for getting excited about nothing and asking why you're getting excited about something that really is not all the important at all and is technically nothing more than insight into a very old development process. My post is the latter, sir. But thank you for actually answering the question Mr. I-Can-Draw-Inspiration-From-Horrible-Renders-Where-Pupils-Cast-Massive-Shadows-and-Pie-has-Eyes.

Fixed it. Srsly Fuzz. Why do you come back here about once every two months to tell people that they're dumb and contribute nothing to conversations?

scarecrow. I did not call anyone dumb or act like a 'colossal' asshole (if that post was the yard stick for colossal assholism, that must mean you guys are rly rly nice to each other and that is not the case okay). I don't see why you insist of viewing me as this big nasty jerk here to ruin your circle jerk of unused shit that was probably dropped for a reason when all I asked was, 'why is this important to you'. hey zeus.

I personally enjoy looking through games and finding unused sprites and other resources.Take Metroid fusion for example. That game has been changed very many times throughout development, and it's filled to the rim with plenty of gold for us fangamers to use. Hell, even if it is some useless garbage, some of us think it's neat looking at all the stuff they didn't add into the released game.

no.

edit: I will expand on this. By not directly answering my question and in fact provoking me by calling me a 'colossal asshole' you're really only inspiring to continue this negative charade. Telling me to shut up when you trolled me into this is retarded.

edit edit: oh spike deleted his post.

Thx Shadix, saved me some typage.

If you sit around and pick at everything that interests you, thinking "What do I benefit from this?" you are going to be a lonely, bored man.

And yeah, I deleted my post because I read your last one wrong. It didn't say what I thought it did. I thought it said "so basically it's the fangaming equivalent of perusing garbage cans.". No more skimming for me. But now that I see you are still being a dick and trying to make me look like the bad guy, I'll say it again. "Just shut the fuck up and let us get back to our topic."

I never should have fed the troll.

Gimme a prototype for sonic schoolhouse and I'll be one happy motherfucker! Anyone remember sonic school house? Eh? Eh? *gently pats his sonic mousepad*

There's actually a bunch of Pico prototypes... Might just be Sonic Gameworld though, I'll have to check.