A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Who wants a ton of Sonic Prototypes?

Quexinos

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tikal's reference to Golah...

I remember some sites associating this clip with the lost Dragon. Could have just been speculation though.

I found the supersonic clip on there quite interesting...

Most of the protos come from one lot, snagged from Sega of America Q&A archives, from around 1994-1995. It was very hard to get it, and it wasn't cheap either. The disc protos (Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn) come from an earlier lot that I saved up until now.

This might explain why most of the Sonic games and the Ristar protos are so complete.

This reminds me! I need to check the soundtest in the earliest S3 cart we have to see if any of the supposedly "dropped" MJ material is still on the rom. I doubt it, since Drossin's like, 2/3s of the album is already in there, but there's always a possibility.

Please Worm, I beg of you... No more fur___ stuff, we are all on overload right now Worm :E.

I wonder if there wasn't anything notable about the SA2:B builds, and thats why noones said anything.

SA2 was most likely the best organized of the bunch. I dont think there was much they left out of that game.

...and what are you basing this off of? SA2 had a bunch of dumped content, and SA2:B might have had more new stuff in plans that never made it, like maybe full, easy access to ALL of the stages in 2P.

Also, the Black Market reappeared, so who knows what other lost chao stuff might've been planned into the updated chao system at any time?

SA2 was most likely the best organized of the bunch. I dont think there was much they left out of that game.

You know, SA2 was meant to have an online world rank. Also, early videos had a totally different truck chase sequence. Also, by looking at some of the unused map places someone could guess there were scraped stages.

oh mark you are barely scratching the surface...

A dumped sky rail\pumpkin hill styled stage for Sonic, apparently a warehouse level for Shadow. Naturally, these would be stuff missing out of the original SA2, but SA2:B can have it's own plethora of changes.