A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Welcome to the next generation...

MaxSonic

So the next generation of video game consoles is upon us. There have been some surprising new advances in video games, from High Definition graphics, down loadable games, and even motion sensing technology. So what are your opinions on these consoles now that they are all out and in full swing?

XBox 360

The first console in this generation, it's sort of been the standard. High end graphics, magnificent online services, and a wide selection of games. The console have made itself available to a wide range of people by having different bundles. So what can Microsoft improve on? How about more affordable wireless? I'm not feeling a $99 antenna while the Wii and PS3 come with them built in. And while the 360 has appealed to the hardcore gamer, the Wii still holds the casual gamer. But altogether, Microsoft is doing very well with thier new system.

PlayStation 3

Bringing up the rear is the PS3. While Sony has made efforts to make it more affordable to the masses, it's still a lot more expensive than it's competition. The online is right in the middle. It's free but not crappy. I think Sony's biggest advantage is the Blue Ray player built in. For those people with HDTVs who want to watch their movies in High Definition, the PS3 is a good option. So what can Sony improve on? Exclusive titles! One of the biggest problems I see with the PS3 isn't the lack of good titles, but the lack of good titles that can't be found on the less expensive 360 as well. If Sony were to get some big names developing exclusive titles for their console, then they could really turn things around.

Wii

You laughed at Nintendo when they unvielded it. Now Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank. The Wii is the hottest thing on the market, and it's selling as fast as it's being made. At an affordable price point, the system is a great buy... if you can find one. What can Nintendo improve on? I'd say a lot of things. A lot of the Wii games are sloppy last gen ports, or feel gimmicky. Most games on the system don't even begin to show the potential of the console. Online seems to be coming on slow too. Virtual Console is awesome, but they need to release those big hits like Super Mario RPG. And Friend Codes can really put a damper on people's online experience. If Nintendo got these things resolved, it could blow away the competition.

I have all 3 systems, and each one has their strengths and weaknesses, I haven't gotten much of anything out of my ps3, and the controller actually broke, but I'm expecting the system to really start kicking ass this year with titles like metal gear solid 4 and little big planet.

The 360 has been my console of choice so far, it's got solid online capabilities, great features, awesome games, and it even doubles as our media center now that it handles divx and xvid codex's.

Personally in our house the wii gets enough attention as a gamecube player, I usually play my Wii games in a week long sitting and don't come back to them after that. We have recently be whoring smash bros melee on the system though, oh and I've been buying VC games a lot and playing them consistently. I can see the Wii dominating the household for at least half a year come next month for brawl.

I've never heard of any of these systems.

All I know is that SEGA is totally gonna beat all your consoles.

dreamcast-3.jpg

I can't wait till this babe comes out, gonna rox my sox off.

NO, you need to hear this.

Apparently, there's this company called "Clickteam" and they;re making this program called Klik&Play! You'll be able to make your own video games! Isn't this the most amazing news ever? I bet you could make some sort of fangame and make a forum centering on those games...

I hate that video so much. Especially at the Ice Cap Zone part when they say that Gm is the relative minor of EbMaj... when the relative minor is definitely Cm. Their analysis of the progression is also wrong.

I think I've proved it with sound samples before too. I guess people don't realize there's no such thing as a trademark chord progression.