A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Koray

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know I am watching rep.

I also wanted to let you know that all rep that is left without a note explaining why it was given will be deleted. Keep in mind I know exactly the thread you left it from so I will check.

This isn't me trying to keep you down, or discourage you from using it, but I want you all to use it appropriately.

I have to delete a whopping 13 rep points now. 8 of them have no note at all, and the rest are classic gems like "Because you're cool" "Because you're brazillian" "Just testing this thing out" and "what's this do?".

I am going to leave the ones that are simple "thanks" and "good job" for now, because I didn't fully exaplin. But please for future reference leave a little bit more detailed note.

Personal favorites include "Thank you for providing ____ link" "Your art is improving" "thank you for the help with ___". There were a few.

I'd also like to take the time to explain that reps are not pointless. Although I have elected not to show them in every person's post, you can view rep left for you in your User CP.

There is a reason behind them. Once a user reaches a certain ammount of rep their user group is promoted. They get more features (name change and custom titles anyone?) and prizes. Yes we do plan on doing cash prizes in the form of visa gift credit cards.

So if you STILL have questions, ask away. But this should clarify things.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I really don't care if you guys do it. Which is why I don't stop my friends from doing it. However, I do care if you guys die from the dangerous drugs. I <3 you guys!

Koray, I have nothing against you. It's just that drugs is against my morals.

One of these two reason. PC0 repped be bad.

I really don't care if you guys do it. Which is why I don't stop my friends from doing it. However, I do care if you guys die from the dangerous drugs. I <3 you guys!

Koray, I have nothing against you. It's just that drugs is against my morals.

One of these two reason. PC0 repped be bad.

I gave you one bad rep for a really bad supporting argument, it was silly. At first I gave you two on accident so I gave one good rep to balance it out. Anything asside from that one extra, you totally earned =P

I should think that repping in the Debate forum should be totally disallowed, unless in extreme cases like they're being a complete ass. Because, really, that's not a great reason to bad-rep someone on PC0's part.

Though off the top of my head, I can't really think of any real reasons someone around here _should_ be bad-repped since most things would be spamming and whatnot, which would result in a ban anyway.

I gave you one bad rep for a really bad supporting argument, it was silly. At first I gave you two on accident so I gave one good rep to balance it out. Anything asside from that one extra, you totally earned =P

But it's a debate=O

Guest Shadix
But it's a debate=O

You are supposed to go into a debate knowing more or less what you are talking about.

I should think that repping in the Debate forum should be totally disallowed, unless in extreme cases like they're being a complete ass. Because, really, that's not a great reason to bad-rep someone on PC0's part.

If it's going to be disallowed it should be completely disallowed and the mods should handle people being complete asses. They could even go as far as to create a group to throw them in that would prevent them from using the debate forum.

Although this whole "this justifies rep and this doesn't" stuff is really starting to make me hesitant to use the system.

Guest Shadix

...and your unconstructive flames make you smart enough to pass judgement... how? (Assuming this is directed at me like the crap in the other topic)

Um, does this damned rep system actually work, it only seems to work for de-repping someone not trying to increase their rep. Take alook around the boards, not one person has more than 1 rep point.
I'd also like to take the time to explain that reps are not pointless. Although I have elected not to show them in every person's post, you can view rep left for you in your User CP.

~

The number is actually a mutiplier, I believe. Like, whenever somebody pumps their Rep, it'll go up 1. If it was 2, their rep would go up 2 for every rep they recieve, and so on. (I suck at explaining sry)

That's how I see it, at least.

That story was real actually, Go read the Cincinnati Enquierer, and turn to LOCAL, that is what i was alking about. I can't belive I got bad rep from you by telling you a true story..Meh, whatever.

...and your unconstructive flames make you smart enough to pass judgement... how? (Assuming this is directed at me like the crap in the other topic)

Yeah, well you did make yourself look like an idiot since nearly all people here didn't pay for CnC, TGF or MMF1.5. So sucks.

In this case, why bother disallowing Rep totally when in places like the Help Forum and in General Discussion it can be used to a great extent? The Debate forum is for DEBATE and just because someone makes a silly argument it doesn't mean it's still not DEBATING. Same could be said about it vice versa, with a serious argument with a silly topic!

So, Shadix, stop acting uppity like you're some forum god and start acting like you are, in fact, a member here.