A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Egg Toss

SupaChao

-Where the egg is actually a fat man.

Anyway, I guess my product of boredom was sort of "liked" honestly, I don't know why. I made it for myself for when I got bored, or it was really late. It always got so frustrating to get the goal, that I ended up quitting and going to sleep. It was the sleep maker. =P

Anyway, I have a 4 line-up of pictures

eggtoss.jpg

Colourful huh? The title screen hasnt actually been made.. cuz I'm currently without a logo, and adobe has shoved its head up its arse.

After finding out I would release, I had to modify the engine to give it bit more "pow" as it was when I had it, there was no movement, you just hold the key, and guess where he's gonna land. Now you can move around a bit, but I've limited sonic's range.. I don't want you running right up to the goal and dropping eggman. That's not tossing.

(engine addition screen: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/asshat4563/zomgadded.png )

As well, features were fairly messed up, like the "# from the goal!" that number, must be like.. pixels 2x or something, because its unaccurate to the largest possible degree. That's gonna attemp to be "fixed" or it will be replaced with a distance meter similar to whats seen in SA2B 2P races, with the head, and the finish, you get it.

I'm hoping to get the release out in the next few days. Because I only have about 12 more days of classes, I might pull a sequel out of my rear for this if it is truely enjoyed.

Comments, critism (and a logo <.<) are appriciated.

(seriously tho, adobe is forking itself, and I'm impared for logo work, someone wanna give a logo a shot? I'd appriciate it, of course youd get the word for it.)

So help me god, don't say anything about SoH.

Somewhere it was asked the point of it?

EggToss has no plot what so ever. o_O Its just.. throw him towards the target, without wiping him off the screen :<

Blurghfdh.

A few little things added last night;

-You choose the direction of throwing (Simple, you hold the 'up' arrow key, and the small arrow on screen will bobble, stop holding the button and the arrow will stop, then throw eggman.)

-Bouncing. If you wanna be dumb, and just find a wall and wip eggman right into it, now instead of hitting it and falling straight down, he bounces off the wall, and continues to bounce off things until he reaches a complete stop. o_o

-Throw/Power bar changed. Graphically, no. =P But in the early version, it filled up, and that was it, you threw him with 100 power. Now when it fills, it reverts and starts to empty, and cycles until you let go of eggman

-Throw while jumping. Jumping was added yesterdy, so i kinda added throwing eggman while in midjump. (you need to charge before you jump)

And my final history assignment is due tomorrow, and I haven't done jack. So, I'll come back once I'm done.

This game sounds really interesting. I seriously look forward to it.

BTW, is Egg Toss like a tournament sort of game. Like, it can be ,like, a 4P game where you guys take turns tossing Eggman and the farthest one wins or, what? Cause, that'll be really cool and fun.

Or is it a 1P game to go to level to level.

It sounds really fun either way.

Nice Screenshots by the way.

Good luck on the game SupaChao

Nite: sexy logo. xD Since it was a personal time killer game, I use'd SEGA's backgrounds, I will mash together some custom backgrounds for the release though =P

Ben: Unfortunatly, I'm situated on a router, and no MMF online play appears to work while on a router, so it would be pretty much impossible for me to build and test it. I could build it, but it would never be tested properly, and would probably fail miserably. Like I said though, since theres only 12 days of classes left, I'll have 2 months to churn out a sequel, maybe I can somehow plug in an online play for that one. We'll just have to wait and see.

SPORK.

As far as SoH goes too, its a very complicated game to build, its large, the engine now confuses me, and its one heck of a neck breaker. I spend nights and days working on levels, engine additions, etc. These small games like EggToss give me a break from serious fangaming, like SoH. In essance, SoH is still breathing its own life, but EggToss is gonna give me a break, seeing as you all appear to like it to a standard.

I'm sure one of the games (from SEGA) had voices for eggman, where he said such things, but I haven't looked into it. Since its not a release, yet; there were no sounds, just 'cooky' music.

I guess I could look and see if I can find something like that, if not; its just probably gonna be a thud type noise. *shurgs* :3

Lets see..

I suppose the engine is majority complete. A few tiny things added:

-Can throw in the direction of LEFT. As opposed to only being able to throw right. I thought it'd be interesting to reverse some levels.

-speed reduction; sonic moved to fast.

-Contact to any badnick reduces speed.

More a less, its down to nick-nacks, and designing some levels because Nite told me to. =P

This is the fruit of too much spare time ;].

You are very correct good sir ;D

Khorney: I'll see how they suit the game, if they fit in properly, or sound ok. Thanks for ripping them too =p