A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

And the Soul Calibur IV guest chars are...

SefirothDB

media1pc4.jpg

mediaeh4.jpg

Yes, we know what you're thinking. You're thinking "What the hell are Darth Vader and Yoda doing in my Soul Calibur sequel?" But how are these two any less logical (or illogical) than Link or Spawn (we'll let Heihachi slide since he's in Tekken)? You're probably also wondering "Where the damn is Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul and Boba Fett?" Well, Boba Fett doesn't really use melee weapons, unless you count that stick on his back that he never uses. But Luke and Darth maul make a lot of sense. While we can't answer all of these questions just now, we suspect that Namco Bandai still has plenty of stuff up their sleeve. Given their recent Ace Combat 6 shenanigans, we wouldn't be surprised to learn that additional Star Wars characters are paid-for downloadable content. It's unlikely that the company would go through all these negotiations with LucasArts to obtain the rights to only two characters, so expect more announcements as we get closer to SCIV's release date.

Ahaha oh wow. Bizarre.

86jo4nctg3.gif

Trailer Up.

I think Vader -> PS3 and Yoda -> 360 but don't quote me on this. If so, expect microrapements (DLC) to get the other character.

EDIT: Confirmed

Namco Bandai today announced it would be partnering with LucasArts to add Darth Vader to the PlayStation 3 version's roster, with Yoda joining up with the Xbox 360 crew. Screenshots released with the announcement reveal the two will both wield their respective red and green lightsabers, though no other details on how the two characters will play were given.

Disagreed. It will add to the presentation about 100%. Which, in turn, makes gameplay way awesomer. If it looked like Soul Calibur 2 (although a beautiful game), they would be able to do much less with the character/stage designs than they could now. They arent going to subsitute gameplay for the graphics. Espically not the same team that did Soul Calibur 2 and 3.

I dont know why people keep blowing off graphics as just a simple "enhancement". When nintendo makes a nice looking game everyone gasms over it, but when someone else does they blow it off like its no accomplishment, and point to how Super Mario Bros 3 was a great game with horrible graphics.

Well, it wasnt. It had damn fucking great graphics atm.

Like i said in the debate topic...the only game I've ever played where the graphics actually enhanced the experience to the point where it made a huge difference was Gears of War. Where I was able to take in the beauty of it all. This is a fast paced fighting game, graphics mean nothing, they can make 2d sprites of them fighting in a 3d arena and still make it a badass game as long as the gameplay was solid.