A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Boom. The World Has Ended.

Asuma

PreAlpha Release

http://infdrm.e2u.cc/files/Zero0.2a.exe

Change Log

--------------------

0.2a Release.

-Added Zero's Slashes

-Added Giga Attack (Z/Button 6. Get the crystal to get it)

-Test Boss A.I. (Can't die)

-Added Lifebar and death for Zero.

-Added camera system.

-Change Keyboard Controls

There are few bugs with dashing and the boss. I'll try to get the fix soon.

Default Control is Joypad. Press Ctrl+Y to change it to keyboard

Joypad's Default Configuration

--------------------------

D-Pad: Move

Button 1: None

Button 2: Dash

Button 3: Jump

Button 4: Attack

Button 6: Giga

Keyboard Default Configuration

-----------------------------

Arrow Keys: Move

X: Jump

C: Attack

Ctrl: Dash

Z: Giga

Debug Keys

---------------------

F5: Save current position

F6: Load saved position

L: Add 30 Life

H: Increase Max life by 15

-/=: Show/Hide sensors

K Kill Test

P: Boss Half Health

Normal Zero: Upgradeable, Giga attack upgradeable(Three stages)

Clipboard01-14.png

Clipboard02-2.png

White Zero: Stronger, faster dash. Giga Attack

Clipboard03-1.png

Clipboard06.png

It uses appear's nitemare's Pixel Movement.

I must think Dami for his tiles. This will be a one level game only. Well, that is unless I find for MMX4-MMX5 BGs.

Next release:

Zero

Charged Slash

White Zero Armor

Triple Jump

Dash faster

Full three slashes + Air slash + "Uppercut" slash

Faster Charged Slash

I must think Dami for his tiles. This will be a one level game only.

If not, just make an engine instead of a game, no sense issuing out a game with just one level.

Well, that is unless I find for MMX4-MMX5 BGs.

Doubt it, chances are you might have to rip them yourself, or find some other alternative for BGs, Megaman X1-3 should be fine.

yeah, which is why I haven't offered to help myself because

1) I won't do it

and

2) I don't trust you from that one time I tried to collab with you and chickened out with a bunch of dumb excuses like ADD and whatnot. :E You need discipline my lad, of course, so do I. :P

Also, Sef throws scenes together crazy fast, I swear I see a new one even prettier than the last every week, and the only reason they take a week is because he's very picky with detail (yet he refuses to texture anything XDD). You'll be looking at the most detailed mesh you've ever seen and he goes "I'm not happy with it, needs more detail".

I know my main problem is I spread myself too thin, I want to do too much, and I end up not devoting enough effort to each to get anything done. I wish I could be like Dami or Sef and be able to focus all my skill exclusively in one field...

Just goes to show how quick it was dumped :P. We were in the preliminaries of doing a collab for a Sonic MMO, but you let the doubt in the topic get to you. SFGHQ destroyed that project before it started.

Although... Come to think of it, nowadays I'm starting to see alot of people let what others think drive them. XG is a perfect example, or Brad's SAGE 2k5 nexus demo... Not many people seem to be able to take criticism very well.

I want to say pallete change, but I don't know, I haven't really messed with the pallete change tool alot.

Then there's the matter of somehow changing the pallete back to its original state.

I would just go with flashing. (Visible to Invisible loop.)

Although... Come to think of it, nowadays I'm starting to see alot of people let what others think drive them. XG is a perfect example, or Brad's SAGE 2k5 nexus demo... Not many people seem to be able to take criticism very well.

Such a pity it is true. I don't see how someone who has spent nearly weeks on a project just give it all up because someone disliked it. Wish I was there to tell them to not be so gullible.