A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So... the Speed Racer Movie Trailer is Out

Mark the Echidna

It's been out since yesterday.

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/12/06/first-look-speed-racer-trailer/

So, what do you guys think about it?

I was somewhat disappointed they broke the original theme song right in the beginning... And that some of the visuals look different. They also seem to be overusing neon-like colors, which I'm not sure I like, because it makes it look more like Fast and Furious than Speed Racer, but overally, I liked the trailer, and some of the style they're using. I definitely want to watch this trailer at a Movie Theater, but I'll have to wait until it's dubbed and gets here.

As long as they keep the comedy aspect in there I'll give it a chance.

Who knows this movie could catch us by surprise. Lets not point fingers as soon we see a "trailer". I think its safe to say that many people were skeptical over the 300 trailer as well

I find it disgusting that movie writers are not intelligent enough to create original movies. It seems like almost every new movie is rather a remake or a sequel of an older movie.

QFT.

Movie writers today have no originality. Anything that IS original is horribly cliche.

I watched Speed Racer when I was real young and when it was on television. My dad introduced me to it, because he thought the premises in which they raced where awesome, not to mention that everybody talked fast.

When I became older and learned that it was anime, for some reason, I didn't care. I still hate the rest of it, though. Speed Racer is about racing with a supercar, a subject not so outlandish that I can't stand the sight of it.