A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Little Sonic 2k6 Project Thing

How's my level design?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How's my level design?

• 10 - Spectacular
    • 9 - Really Great
    • 8 - Great
    • 7 - Pretty good
    • 6 - Alright
    • 5 - Decent
    • 4 - Could be better
    • 3 - Keep learning
    • 2 - Needs work
    • 1 - Horrible

It is a pretty good resolution.. what are the dimensions or whatever? I've always preferred a sort of widescreen setup to the 312x240 or whatever it is everyone suggests.

Okay, so I start the thing. It says "Press Start" and I press "Enter" and it goes to "New Game" and then.. enter doesn't work. The hell? Or am I just an idiot. >.>

Doberman: You always say that. They're the easiest to work with. Get over it.

This is awesome. Though it ran somewhat smooth for me (I still got a somewhat bad framerate) the longer I left the app open, the more the framerate went to hell. It got to the point to where the timer couldn't even count correctly. The level design is really, really awesome though. Nice and varied just like the old Sonic games. Like the people before me said, some sort of level gimmick probably would've been nice, though sometimes I get sick of them. (Snow/Ice Zone anyone?) The lightdashing does indeed need much polishing as it's very hard to pull off. Grinding works great though. Another gripe I have is that the help messages don't stick like in the Adventure series. Most of the time, you're racing really fast and you suddenly pass by a help sphere with some possibly helpful information but can't read it because you went by it too frikken fast! But oh well. Awesome nonetheless.

the zip file is corrupted...

You say that after an entire topic downloaded it before you? If a zip is corrupted, re-download it a second time.

Engine please! J/k

It's not even mine to give out. Not only that, but you could probably just ask Dami and get his version.

I tried that. Or actually maybe I didn't. I pushed "Enter" at "Press Start" and it didn't work for "New Game" I'll try again. =/

Shift and CTRL work as buttons 1 and 2. When it says press start, you can press enter, button 1 or 2. After that, button 1 selects the option.

Everyone says they can't spindash up walls and I could. =p

Finally got up to the rails and such when I figured out how to lightdash. The grinding works well, but I think the lightdash could use a blur effect of some sort.

I finally got it to open after the 10th time today.. >.< I didn't like it very much, especially since the light dash didn't always work at high speeds... I kept pressing F2 everytime the timer reached 30 seconds because I wanted to get an S so bad... but I finally gave up, but I really thought the graphics were cool, and I LOVED the Sonic Logo, I also read part of your article and thought it was very interesting.

Blaze did it in 0"29"950, and got a time bonus of 32250. You did it in 0"23"850, and got a lower time bonus of 32000. I don't know how the time bonus system works, but that seems a tad weird. :P

This seems quite nice anyway, the engine is a bit jumpy in places and level design could be improved. (Seems very advance currently, could do with with a few more interesting obstacles and slower sections.) Otherwise, fun.