A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Bored...game suggestions?

Hooray summer?! Yay...graduating high school though...but anyway...between long filming and editing hours, I have long stretches of time where I'm totally bored now. I've probably played my GameCube library to death and there's nothing coming out all summer for the purple lunchpail. Do you guys have any suggestions on a good game? I was thinking of Paper Mario, but I'm also in the mood for a first-person shooter (that's not Bond related), a game that takes a lot of time, or any good multi-player game. A friend suggested Time Splitters 2 or Jedi Outcast.

I've read up on game reviews, but I trust you guys more opinion wise...I don't know why, I just do.

If you haven't played it already, get Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC) and some friends together...you'll have some fun =P. If you're looking strictly console, I haven't played much FPS on them recently, so I don't have many suggestions for you there =/.

Grab ScummVM and DOSBox+VDMSound and start playing them oldies. There's few genres more time consuming than a good adventure game, the likes of Grim Fandango, DOTT, King's Quest, The Dig... <3

Especially System Shock (1 and 2), which could be considered a FPS. Every gamer should give them at least a try in my opinion :3

I like these PC suggestions. Any GameCube ones? I won't be near a PC on many occasions, but a TV and my Cube will.

It'd help to know what your current library consists of ;P And Paper Mario is excellent, if you can overlook the high amount of backtracking.

I own both RE4 and SCII. I am not yet bored with RE4, because I've unlocked all the weapons. Yay, handcannon!

EDIT: Ah...ok...here's my current GC library (should've done this earlier):

SSB:M

Every Sonic Game

Every Zelda Game

Mega Man Anniversary

Mario Sunshine

Mario Tennis

Mario Strikers

FIFA 2005

Mario Kart

007: Agent Under Fire

Rogue Squadrons 2 & 3

Soul Calibur II

Resident Evil 4 & the remake of the 1st one

NHL Hitz 20-03 (this is the best multiplayer sports game ever!)

-Metroid Prime 1 & 2 (I like 1 the best, both are fun and offer some nice replay value)

-Tales of Symphonia (Personally, I didn't see what's so great about this one. But different people, different opinions)

-Viewtiful Joe (Hard, hard and fun. And hard.)

-Resident Evil 0 (I need to buy this soon <_<)

-MGS: Twin Snakes ***ONLY if you can't play the PS1 original***

-Ikaruga (DC port >_>)

-Eternal Darkness (Played it at a friend's house, it's good)

That's all I can think about now, unfortunately. The GC library never appealed to me too much =/

Well, Eraysor, I did pick up F-Zero today while walking into work (yay GameStop near tennis courts) for about $5. Now I can continue the work I started when I rented it like 2 years ago.

Sephiroth, I'm gonna agree with you on Tales of Symphonia...it's pretty meh. I haven't looked at Metroid Prime 2...but people say the "bounty hunter in the bubble" part of the Dark World is hella annoying. Viewtiful Joe never had any staying power with me, so a rental sufficed for me when it was released.