A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Riders 2

shadowgoten

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just looking at the outlines. I think that the last outline on the power section looks like Silver's hair. (The only other thing that it looks like is Yan Yan from Super Monkey Ball.) Sadly, Silver has already been spotted on some trailers, so he will be in the list. Billy is also in a trailer, and the last outline on the Fly section looks like the comb on his chicken suit.

"Doesn't anyone care for the term 'More characters = More variety' ?"

Normally, yes. However, more variety of play in a sucky game just means that you can now play a sucky game with multiple, different characters. Which.. doesn't really make the game any better.

"Platform game's are pretty good too if each character's *gameplay* is original."

Fixed. In Sonic 3, Tails and Sonic had essentially the same story, no? It's only actually effective if they play a bit differently. Otherwise you essentially have the same character base doing different things. Which isn't as fun. That's why I hate it whenever Sonic Team promotes "teams" because you end up with 3 characters twice, or even four times. That's definitely pointless.

There actually are games where story and style make a great game out of bland and/or quite shaky gameplay. I've played games for the story or similar aspects, definitely. Games that I consider to be among the best I've ever played (ex: Psychonauts, Xenogears- neither had horrible gameplay, but it definitely wasn't the highlight). But there's no way Sonic will ever be that type of game. Well, I guess it's possible...

I admit I'm a production lover too... Art direction, vivid storytelling, great level aesthetic design. Xenogears... god. I love thee. (Cept I also loved Xenogear's combat system, back in the day when I was running off FF and Legend of Dragoon, Xenogear's approach was refreshing and pretty cool with it's combo system.)